Sign in to follow this  
Johnbs2k

Question on Flight Factor A350

I have been looking at some videos of the FF Airbus 350 which looks beautify and has some very exciting & clever features. I am seriously considering purchasing and having recently moved from FSX to X Plane, I want to be sure that your version is as close I can get to the real thing. When I bought X Plane I also purchased the JarDesign A320, while most of the JD A320 was Ok, there are a number of things that disappoint me e.g. the slightly limited FMC and the number of inoperative buttons.

In FSX I had the Aerosoft Airbus X and the PDMG 737, both of which appeared to be modelled with (almost) all fully functional systems.

My personal preference is the Airbus, but reading some posts I think that the FF A350 FMC is also a little limited in respect of ALT/SPD restrictions and planning using Airways.

Does anyone know if there is intention for FF to release another version or upgrade that will allow the pilot to input Speed and Altitude restrictions with the “Above” and “Below” constraints and allow flight planning via Airways, in the FMC,  

It could be that this is  already available in the Airbus A350 XWD Advanced - A350-900 version or should I be looking at other offerings?

​John

They are working on a Pro Version which will fix these restrictions. But at the same time, the same people are working on a Boeing 767, so I wouldn't try to guess which aircraft will be released sooner.

I bought the A350 a couple of weeks ago when it was on sale for $39.95.  It is a beautiful aircraft and my first Airbus so there are a lot of things different from their Boeing cousins.  The FMC is a "dummed down" version, but is really quite functional as there are some changes from the default X-Plane FMS.  The main thing I have found that requires attention when flying, is "hand feeding" the altitude changes on the MFD while descending. The installed FMC lacks the TOC and the TOD notifications and you just have to keep your eye on things so that your descent does not get uncontrollable.  There are no SIDS and STARS in the program but these can be worked around by lining up your departure/arrival waypoints to get you where you want to go.  There is a flight attendant in the back who will worry you to death with chimes to tell you something he feels you are doing wrong, but you can ignore him or listen and do some things which you should have done before he noticed. -- or turn down his volume.

I am anxious to get the professional version (hope it will be free or small update fee) and the latest I saw from one of their developers is that they are working on it and will notify owners when complete, but could not give an estimate of when that would be.

John

John Wingold

Thank you for the quick replies.  Perhaps I should  wait for the Pro version, as I have a servicable A320, that will keep me going for a little while...but then again if the upgrade is a small fee for existing owners that may be a good option. The Boeing 767, may also have to go on my wish list....This X plane stuff is as adept as empying my wallet as FSX was... 

John

While you wait for the pro version you may also look at the JarDesign A330 which is a far more polished Airbus simulation.

Alexander Colka

I'll watch for it to go on sale Alex.  Just landed my (Paid for) A350 at KIAD 19C.  Beautiful aircraft.

John

John Wingold

While you wait for the pro version you may also look at the JarDesign A330 which is a far more polished Airbus simulation.

Okay Alex.  The org owes you one.  Bought it today and pulling what little hair I had left out!

John

John Wingold

Okay Alex.  The org owes you one.  Bought it today and pulling what little hair I had left out!

John

Ha ha ha! ok John, enjoy your new acquisition, have a nice weekend with the Airbus!

Alexander Colka

I bought the A350 yesterday, already had the JAR A330....they are both fantastic add-ons, can't wait for the PRO version of the A350...as it is, it has an amazing level of simulation in the cockpit!

I bought the A350 yesterday, already had the JAR A330....they are both fantastic add-ons, can't wait for the PRO version of the A350...as it is, it has an amazing level of simulation in the cockpit!

I'm just learning the Airbus system. I made my first successful landing of the A330 yesterday and was pretty proud of myself until a voice from somewhere said, "You will do better next time".

John

John Wingold

Yea all the motivation of the flight goes down to the toilet but you can set up an autoland to hear those wonderful claps to cheer you up.

Alexander Colka