Sign in to follow this  
Zachiii

DX10 Rain

My FSX rain on windshield when aircraft is moving looks bad.

To use DX10 rain, do I have to turn off FSX rain?  If so, how?

Thanks,

zach

Fsx does not support windshield rain except when using the 2d cockpit. Some aircraft simulate rain. Are you using 2d or the vc cockpit and which aircraft?

and does the PMDG rain effect look different to DX9?

actually looking at  it there is no windshield rain effect for the PMDG 737  - its just the rain outside which is standard FSX.   It should look the same in dx9 as dx10 more or less - does it not?

I can't remember any difference.

The rain is too large, a gray mess moving up the windshield.

I use VC and PMDG aircraft.

The outside rain, that not on my windshield, is great.

Please have a look to various threads in the AVSIM forum´s to rain and raindrop simulation on windshields.

One massage is that the raindrop effect can be generally converted to FSX for the 2D Cockpit screen (exchange of windshield textures, adress to be find in the forum), but not for VC as this effect is embedded in the aircraft and cockpit VC model. There is no specific DX9 or DX10 relevance known. So in your case PMDG has to be asked to modify their VC .... 

BTW Aerosoft has been asked too to modify their Airbus´ accordingly. They have given up because of the unacceptable huge performance impact in FSX.

Wulf

Sorry your original post wasn't very clear. i think the situation is that you have a legacy pmdg aircraft? J41 This has a vc rain effect which sounds like its a legacy transparency setting, we will have to experiment with the legacy dialog settings. Can you send an email to the support address from the manual, with your order reference and I can try and explain how to proceed. I am confused about the 737 is this the 737ngx?