Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Sneak Peek Video of Version 2.0

Hi All!

I just posted a short video of the Pre-Beta Version 2.0 to give you an idea of what it will be.

https://youtu.be/LjuEyhwf528

It was a quick and dirty video, but have a look and let us know what you think of the new features and the new look and feel.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi,

I don't have your software yet, but your video of version 2.0 looks interesting. I have tried Radar Contact and ProATC, but have not been completely satisfied with IFR flights using these two products.

I use NavDataPro rather than Navigraph, so I hope you consider this other alternative as a data source.

Look forward to more videos as you make progress?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Bill,

Thanks for your comment.

Actually, I'm doing the testing right now with NavDataPro.  They should have data in P2A format by launch time. 

I'm still working with Navigraph to get a version to test.  Hopefully both will be available at launch.

Regards,

Dave

I'm trying to get 2.0 out before the end of 2015.  It depends on how testing goes in November.

In any case, anyone who purchases version 1 before the release of 2.0, will get the upgrade to 2.0 free.

Thanks for asking.

Dave

Look forward to more videos as you make progress?

Looks very good.  Plenty of Immersion going on 

It looks like v2 is mainly improvements to the UI which is no bad thing,

I was hoping there would be also improvement to the traffic control side and especially for dummies like me, a live phraseology/text prompter to show you what you must say at any given point. I know people will forever compare this to VoxATC, but in this respect I could never get on well with Pilot2ATC v1 as I constantly have to refer to the grammar help in a different window.

Hi Dave.

I think you'll find a lot more than just a new UI.  Besides the much improved flight planning and the ability to plan and fly SIDs, STARs and Approaches, you'll probably like the in-line SayIt Speech Assistant.  I'll be doing a video soon to demo this new feature, so keep an eye out.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Hi Everyone.

Here's a link to the latest video showing some of the new features of version 2.0, including our all new SayIt Speech Assistant.

I'd like to thank our Alpha test team, Clive, Hao-Wei and John F. for finding lots of bugs and providing a lot of great ideas that will make version 2.0 a whole lot better!!

Enjoy the video!

Dave

Hi Dave

just watched the video and and chomping at the bit.Are we talking a week or two or longer for beta release?

Thx Lee

Hi Lee.  I'm hoping for a couple of weeks for the existing user beta.  Just want to make sure it's right before we put it out there. 

Thanks

Hi Dave.

I think you'll find a lot more than just a new UI.  Besides the much improved flight planning and the ability to plan and fly SIDs, STARs and Approaches, you'll probably like the in-line SayIt Speech Assistant.  I'll be doing a video soon to demo this new feature, so keep an eye out.

Dave

Hello Dave,

I thought of something last night that maybe would be helpful with this program.

Now you have the "On Top" feature, which is great, but it would be nice if you could make a user selected "hot key/button" feature that would toggle the GUI on top or minimized.  That would help bring it up quickly and get it out of the way when needed. Then you wouldn't have to think about making the GUI more compact because it would be so easy to minimize and pop-up.

Your GUI is so feature rich, I would hate to see it simplified just so it could be stuffed in a corner of the screen. If we could minimize it quickly and easily with a hot key, it could stay just the way it is.