Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Sneak Peek Video of Version 2.0

SID/STARs from AIRAC DB.  Currently only NavDataPro supports our format.  It was actually announced as available with the latest cycle 1602.  P2A will ship with cycle 1509 included with the download.  Navigraph should have support for it in the not too distant future.  Up to their resource constraints and priorities.

You get Recommended SIDs, STARs and Approaches from the Flight Planning function before flight.  If you were to take off VFR and then request an IFR approach from a Tower or Approach Controller, ATC would pick the best Approach for you, given you location when you call in.

I still have to add PFPX plans to the copy/paste importer, but based on the sample Bill provided in this thread, looks like a no brainer to add it.  If you have some more examples you'd like to post here, that would be helpful.

Thanks for your interest.

Dave

SID/STARs from AIRAC DB.  Currently only NavDataPro supports our format.  It was actually announced as available with the latest cycle 1602.  P2A will ship with cycle 1509 included with the download.  Navigraph should have support for it in the not too distant future.  Up to their resource constraints and priorities.

Dave

Hi Dave:

If you get a chance can you do a 43 mile short video on vfr scenario from KBOS RWY 22R to KPVD RWY 05 - if not no biggie - thank you much 

Rich Sennett

Hi All!

I just posted a short video of the Pre-Beta Version 2.0 to give you an idea of what it will be.

https://youtu.be/LjuEyhwf528

It was a quick and dirty video, but have a look and let us know what you think of the new features and the new look and feel.

Thanks,

Dave

Dear Dave,

I'm seriously considering this product, but I'm a little worried. You keep on adding these new features to your so-called beta test you know what you've actually done is created an "alpha"inside of your beta.

I would much rather you spend your beta time debugging, and making sure that what was in the "original" Beta...is up to is working properly and up to snuff rather than see you re-beta-ting the beta....essentially making it a BAB....beta-alpha-beta...grin.

Good luck and thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Amen Chas. 

We are actually still in Alpha.  Hoping to get the Beta out very soon.  Just hope we don't go back into Alpha with the Beta function and get caught in the ABA cycle.  We want to se the ABR (Alpha Beta Release) cycle get started!

Hi There

Can you load a flight plan after take off and ask ATC to pick up from there-as you can in the default?

Also -any plans to have a warp/advance to waypoint function?

Jay

You get Recommended SIDs, STARs and Approaches from the Flight Planning function before flight.  If you were to take off VFR and then request an IFR approach from a Tower or Approach Controller, ATC would pick the best Approach for you, given you location when you call in.

I still have to add PFPX plans to the copy/paste importer, but based on the sample Bill provided in this thread, looks like a no brainer to add it.  If you have some more examples you'd like to post here, that would be helpful.

Dave

here is a PFPX plan i last used: https://www.dropbox.com/s/52tazgbcz3k8b8g/DAL276%20RPLL%20-%20RJAA.pdf?dl=0. Hope that helps! 

So if I fly an IFR flight plan will i get assigned a STAR (if i dont select one)?

Currently you will have two choices:

1. Select the recommended SID/STAR/APP that P2A says

2. Select your own.

As PIC you should know what the current weather is and what to expect. Using PFPX is even easier as these are in the OFP, that you print off, yes :smile:

I will explain how this work, when I do the Tutorials videos, remember them GodAtum :wink:

I'm hoping to get one done later this evening (UK time).

They will follow the same format

1. Introduction

2. Flightplan (Importing, exporting etc)

3. Communications

Any questions again, please ask but as always ask in this forum, not else where

Thanks

Will 2.0 work with PMDG 737 - 777 - thanks

Yes.  It will work with any aircraft. On the Q400, due to  how the FDE is implemented, P2A does not recognize when the transponder is switched to active.  Again it will all made clear in the videos

We hope  :Nail Biting:

Guys P2A can import flightplans from various sources.

We all use PFPX, so it very easy to get the flight plan into P2A. Just export it as a .pln file.

If the altitude/speed restrictions are in AIRAC data then P2A will know that.

Again any more questions then please ask

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Currently you will have two choices:

1. Select the recommended SID/STAR/APP that P2A says

2. Select your own.

As PIC you should know what the current weather is and what to expect. Using PFPX is even easier as these are in the OFP, that you print off, yes :smile:

I will explain how this work, when I do the Tutorials videos, remember them GodAtum :wink:

I'm hoping to get one done later this evening (UK time).

They will follow the same format

1. Introduction

2. Flightplan (Importing, exporting etc)

3. Communications

Any questions again, please ask but as always ask in this forum, not else where

Thanks

Yes.  It will work with any aircraft. On the Q400, due to  how the FDE is implemented, P2A does not recognize when the transponder is switched to active.  Again it will all made clear in the videos

We hope  :Nail Biting:

Guys P2A can import flightplans from various sources.

We all use PFPX, so it very easy to get the flight plan into P2A. Just export it as a .pln file.

If the altitude/speed restrictions are in AIRAC data then P2A will know that.

Again any more questions then please ask

Thanks

Thanks Clive sounds great - looking forward to V2   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Will it be possible to run it from a networked computer ?

Hey,  longtime no see, how's it going?

It will as P2A uses WideClient

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Jay,

No plans for warp to waypoints. 

As for picking up in the middle of a flight plan, the answer is maybe.  It depends on where you've been prior.

If you give more specifics, I might be able to answer the question.  Generally, I'd say, that's not a supported feature, but is doable in many scenarios...I've used it in some of my testing.

Dave

For the networked scenario, see the 2nd Pinned topic on this forum.  With WideClient and a little software to make the sounds and mouse work across 2 PC, some folks have it networked and working fine.

Jay,

No plans for warp to waypoints. 

As for picking up in the middle of a flight plan, the answer is maybe.  It depends on where you've been prior.

If you give more specifics, I might be able to answer the question.  Generally, I'd say, that's not a supported feature, but is doable in many scenarios...I've used it in some of my testing.

Dave

Just to add, using the SIM speeds *2 *4 etc works just fine.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image