Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Sneak Peek Video of Version 2.0

GodAtum,

Thanks for the PFPX document.

There's probably one line in that document that would be copied and pasted to the Copy/Paste window and it looks a lot like the sample Bill provided.

I agree with Clive that a better option is to export it from PFPX in either .pln or .fms format, depending on if you fly X-Plane or FSX/P3D and then use the import feature of P2A for those files. 

The copy/paste import would be very much the same as for FlightAware and the other Web based FlightPlan sources where we import the Departure and Arrival Airports and the Route.  You still get to select the SID/STAR/Approach based on current weather at the time of your flight.  This takes about 6 or 7 clicks and 1 or 2 minutes if you use the P2A recommended ones, so not a big deal.

When Clive does his video, I think you'll see how easy it is.

Dave

Jay,

No plans for warp to waypoints. 

As for picking up in the middle of a flight plan, the answer is maybe.  It depends on where you've been prior.

If you give more specifics, I might be able to answer the question.  Generally, I'd say, that's not a supported feature, but is doable in many scenarios...I've used it in some of my testing.

Dave

For the networked scenario, see the 2nd Pinned topic on this forum.  With WideClient and a little software to make the sounds and mouse work across 2 PC, some folks have it networked and working fine.

I use fsipanel which is used to practice approaches and landings and sets up the plane at different points in the approach. It would be helpful to be able to contact atc at that point and ask for clearance.

Cheers

Jay

Hi Jay

Good one, we haven't had time to look at that one as you can appreciate.  Something to try when the BETA is released. Thinking about don't think it would work. Anyway something someone who get the BETA to have a go at and let us know.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I use fsipanel which is used to practice approaches and landings and sets up the plane at different points in the approach. It would be helpful to be able to contact atc at that point and ask for clearance.

Cheers

Jay

+1

Kind regards
John 

Guys we will add FSI Panel to the list of items to look at going forward, if it does not work in the BETA.  If you get the BETA please have a go, that will help us out

Hence it's a BETA  :wink:

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Actually, you can contact Approach control or Tower and ask for the approach you want and they will clear you for it, even if you don't have a flight plan...or at least that's the way it worked before we did all our testing and fixing of other features.  This was meant precisely for being able to take off and shoot practice approaches, something many folks do in real life as well as in the SIM world.

Now, starting the plane in mid-air, rather than doing a takeoff, might mess this up, so please do test this for us during the Beta.

Dave

GodAtum,

Thanks for the PFPX document.

There's probably one line in that document that would be copied and pasted to the Copy/Paste window and it looks a lot like the sample Bill provided.

I agree with Clive that a better option is to export it from PFPX in either .pln or .fms format, depending on if you fly X-Plane or FSX/P3D and then use the import feature of P2A for those files. 

The copy/paste import would be very much the same as for FlightAware and the other Web based FlightPlan sources where we import the Departure and Arrival Airports and the Route.  You still get to select the SID/STAR/Approach based on current weather at the time of your flight.  This takes about 6 or 7 clicks and 1 or 2 minutes if you use the P2A recommended ones, so not a big deal.

When Clive does his video, I think you'll see how easy it is.

Dave

Thats great :) Have you tested on a Windows VM? i will be running one in my 747 flightdeck simulator (shameless plug here). Would there be a v2 demo when it comes out?

GodAtum,

There's no reason it would be any different on a Windows VM that I can think of.  You do have to have a microphone set up as default recording device, but that shouldn't be an issue, unless you are talking about something other than a standard Windows VM. 

You can certainly give V1 a try in your environment and let us know if you run into setup issues with it.  If it works, V2 should definitely work.

GodAtum,

There's no reason it would be any different on a Windows VM that I can think of. You do have to have a microphone set up as default recording device, but that shouldn't be an issue, unless you are talking about something other than a standard Windows VM.

You can certainly give V1 a try in your environment and let us know if you run into setup issues with it. If it works, V2 should definitely work.

Guys we will add FSI Panel to the list of items to look at going forward, if it does not work in the BETA. If you get the BETA please have a go, that will help us out

Hence it's a BETA :wink:

Thanks

At this point, why not make Pilot2ATC an open beta so everybody can look at it... not just the folks that have version one??

… Just sayin'

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hi Chas

The issue that brings is overwhelming to say the least. Dave has made an executive decision to start with, that people that already have purchased V1 will get the BETA. This makes the BETA more manageable.

Once the BETA is finished then it will go as a 'full' V2.X release at full price and also possible a DEMO, much like PF3 has done or even a time limited version.

Dave needs to have control not just of 'fixing' any 'real' issue's that the BETA brings to light, but also to manager this Forum and also e-mails. He is one guy and there are only so many hours in the day.

People will expect every little issues to be fixed yesterday and that takes careful management, otherwise Dave will 'burnout' and that will not be good for the end user, let alone poor Dave.

You might have already seen the threads in the other AVSIM forums about people saying the top prerequisite that they 'expect' is quick fixes of their issues and that has to be managed.

It can end up like a pack of wolves at your door, wanting 'blood', trust me I've been there. 

So, if you have version V1 you are fine. Dave has also posted in this forum and its at the top about the BETA and how/what will happen.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi

A few questions

1.Does it do vectoring to the FAF

2.Does it change to suit a changing active runway due to wind shifts or is the approach determined by the plan you file?IRW it is hard to know what the wind is at the end of an 8 hour flight

3.Does it handle emergencies?

Cheers

Jay

Hi Jay.

1. Yes. And not just to the FAF.

2. Yes, depending on the situation and when the wind changes.

3. No.  The pilot has to do that.  ATC will grant DirectTo clearances which can be used to get to an alternate or emergency field, but ATC does not recognize emergencies or treat them different, per say. 

Dave

Concerning 2: does v2 only assign a new runway and vectors you there or will it also automattically assign a STAR and approach? If so, what happens if you don't assign a STAR and approach at all (in v2): will ATC choose one by itself automatically? Or is it mandatory to let the P2A planner select a SID and STAR before you can start a flight?

(Sorry if I am asking to much too often: while I do like to get answers I don't want to distract you from working on v2! It's a devilish dilemma. ;) )

After getting tired/frustrated with the default ATC in X-Plane 10, I took a look at the trial version of Pilot2atc..coming from a completely novice flight sim background the verbal interaction with a virtual ATC intrigued me. I came up with the following points of view regarding Pilot2atc.. and no I am not associated with the developer or receive any favour for the endorsement, nor can I substantiate my opinions with any knowledge or experience of real flight or high end flight sim protocols having said that I have listed my points as follows.

I use X-plane 10 but have had Microsoft flight sims since the very first version ( yup I am that old :) ) has Pilot2atc brought a whole new dimension to my flight sim enjoyment ?.. a wholehearted YES..for the price of a single pay-ware aircraft or scenery add-on ( which with the planes you can only use one at a time and with scenery you only see if you are in that location) Pilot2atc is part of the whole session from start to finish giving a heightened enjoyment factor.

Pilot2atc seems to be a perfect stepping stone to learn ATC procedures within the game environment and enables the gamer to perfect techniques in anticipation of using the vatsim or Pilotedge in live virtual ATC communications. I particularly like the Sayit function which speeds up the reply to ATC especially when its long and complex instructions (who can forget the X-plane atc perpetually telling you "your off course" and repeat it over and over again before you could reply.

Flight planning has become a real pleasure with lots of the tedium of cross-referencing various charts and tables taken up by the software, even the act of flight planning now allows one to understand and appreciate the procedures about to be undertaken, a new dimension to the flight sim session.

Pilot2atc is evolving all the time the developer is expanding/refining and improving the software all the time, so its functionality just gets better, the single most encouraging factor for me was the manner in which problems,bugs, faults and problems are handled by Dave. it does not take long to see the level of commitment to customer satisfaction invested by Dave,  and the quick response to issues with practical advice and in many cases solutions OR promises to resolve the issues asap.

I liked version  1.4  I am astounded at version 2.0 the all round improvement and intuitive gui is amazing and well worth the effort in testing the beta version.

Thanks Dave my flight sims will not be the same again...mind you the wife now wonders who the hell is speedbird 747 or United a330..

maggsy

Thanks Robert.  I'll take a look at it. There is currently a hot key to take it from full view to Speech/Com view.  I'll have to see the what, if any, functions are lost when fully minimized.

Thanks,

Dave