Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Lance Armstrong "Flys" to sixth Tour de France Victory!

"Pedaling furiously toward a stage victory that he didn't even need, Armstrong overpowered his rivals yet again, quickly building a gaping lead which he carried past cheering crowds to the finish line of the individual race against the clock."http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,126912,00.htmlbt

Guest ba747heavy

>That is truly amazing.I can't fathom the effort required for sucha thing. Lance is an amazing person.

Guest jdu

He's going to be a 6 time winner of the Tour De France in addition to being a cancer survivor. Amazing...

Guest oyvindhansen

His acheivements are amazing, no doubt about it. However, please also keep in mind that, as Lance himself stresses, there is a team effort involved. He commands a "dream team" of riders, several of whom would themselves be the stars of any other team and some who would even be considered serious challengers to a tour victory if they didn't ride for him (for a fat salary). In fact the team time trial stage early in the tour showed just how much better his team is than the others.- Oyvind

Remember the Gossamer Albatross and Gossamer Condor? Imagine a Lance powered version of those aircraft!The man is a dynamo, that is for certain. I was discussing him with some of my peers at the office. We all can recall instances of people we know, who having been through a serious illness, and survive with almost superhuman strength. It's almost as if the body, mobilizing for illness, stays at heightened alert. Lance really took advantage of that. I also suspect he's been running on pure adrenaline with the sixth tour victory in sight. How many remember Greg Lemond? Years ago, there was a bike race called the Coors Classic. I had a chance to see Greg in two stages of that race--one through my home in the Napa Valley, and another was a circuit race through the city of Reno. The circuit races are very exciting. That was my one time seeing a world class cyclist, who no doubt inspired Lance and today's generation of cyclists.-John

Agreed...there is no denying this is a "team" effort.OTOH, L.A. is the ONLY human to win 6 titles, in addition to being 6 titles in a row.In the end, it is clear the 2004 USPS team is a group of individual contributors who are working as a team for the common good...a lesson we can all benefit from.Cheers,bt

Lance is really an amazing person and sportsman!He shows us, what can be possible, if you have a strong mind and fight for your health and your ideals. On the other hand it is quite frustrating watching him for us hobby cyclists! :-lol Wolfgang