Sign in to follow this  
godimaginedme

Try 30Hz he said.....it'll be smooth he said..

Am I doing something wrong ? Is the pixel response rate not so important after all ?

I doubt it.

At 30Hz individual frame time is 33ms so what would be the advantage of a 5ms response time here?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You can try and create a custom resolution set to 30Hz. If it doesn't work you'll get a notification.

I have an old 4:3 LCD that doesn't officially support 50Hz but handles it quite well. I use it for oldskool gaming on emulators.

Is there a way to force 30Hz on a monitor that doesn't support it out of the box (no such setting in NVCP)?

As Peter says: NVCP-Change Resolution-Customize-Create Custom Resolution-Set Refresh Rate.

Note NVCP warning box.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

4k TVs, as a lot of you guys seem to use, have horrible pixel response times (15 to 20 ms !).

That's a sweeping brush and not accurate ... I have 3 cheap Acer 1440p monitors that do have poor response time (and I was aware when I purchased and expected ghosting), I have a Sony 2160p that has very low response time and no ghosting.  A monitor being 4K doesn't mean it'll have bad response time ... it's all about quality and cost, a cheap 1440p monitor can have poor response time just as a cheap 2160p monitor can have poor response time ... it's not the resolution that makes the response time bad, it's Brand/model quality.

Cheers, Rob.

16 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Do you need to be useing HDMI cables to get 30hz?

Definitely not as a general rule but in your case, according to those monitor specs, it might be the only way to go.

Edit: Assuming you are running at 4K resolution.

gb.