Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Carenado C90 GTX KING AIR, Coming Soon

Carenado/Alabeo must be made to learn the lesson - no more of this under-prepared, overpriced tat.   

But look at their Facebook pages.  Many, many people lap up each and every release.  It's dumbfounding.

But look at their Facebook pages.  Many, many people lap up each and every release.  It's dumbfounding.

Yep their FB page has over 14k "likes."  Which is a ton for the flightsim community.  PMDG has 42k (I think the most of any), FSDT 5k, aerosoft 39k - facebook is free advertising for the fs devs...  I wonder if sales are directly proportional to number of sales?  (Well not that carenado gets 14k sales.... but they'll get more sales per "likes.")

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can tell you from commercial experience that Facebook `likes` have nothing whatsoever to do with sales success.

The comments from both Alabeo C400 customers in this forum and almost silence everywhere else would tend to suggest that their bubble has burst.  =@

Sort out the quality so that it is somehwere near the price, and they will come. Maybe.  :Hmmmph:

For the rest of us, it's about fixing the non-functional poot they've already foisted on us to recover whatever might be left of their reputation.  :fool:

I don't doubt the big sales

Skin deep eye candy

I'm through with and C or A purchases.... The same bugs over and over

But to keep my post from seeming "bashy," yes, it looks nice

Nicely put and my sentiments exactly!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Maybe im wrong but i would say theirs a hell of a lot more click and fly/casual Simers then there are hardcore ones in the entire world.   With that in mind, I think for the casual Simer these products are perfect, but not only for the casual Simer though,  some folks maybe like to park there pmdg or a2a  and just like to click and fly and are not too worried about having all systems perfect for that particular day,  In this respect Carenado do a good job,   personally speaking its not really my cup of nora,  i'm certainly no hardcore flyer (far from it)  but i just happen to like other types A2A

I would say there sales sit pretty comfortable with click and fly/casual Simers who basically want something nice. 

I'm not even that hardcore.  But when entering a transponder code of 0301, and the leading 0 is missing, it get's annoying.  Especially when it's missing over and over for each new release.

That's just pure laziness on the developer's part.  But you're right, they don't care about that stuff.

BTW, if you guys fly XP10 you'll find Dan does a wonderful job on porting the Carenado/Alabeo stuff to XP - systems deep and eye candy galore.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Elaine is spot on in my opinion, however Ryan also hits the nail on the head..

We all know we are not going to get a "System study type"aircraft from Carenado but when something simple is blatantly wrong it needs to be fixed/corrected and I think that is where Carenado let's itself down...quite badly on occasions.

A good developer listens and takes notice of feedback...after all its

all for the wider good of a more accomplished model.

Dave

Dave

if it had a decent Garmin 1000 I'd be interested. I still fly a G1000 equipped king air 90 close to 100 hours a year (including level c sim) when I can get out of the office.

Dave

Carenado prices are not `casual simmer`, and haven't been for some time.

Their quality however, most certainly does remain at casual simmer level, and as Dave indicates, shows no sign of increasing.

I'm not so much looking forward to this as looking straight past it.  :fool:

Carenado/Alabeo must be made to learn the lesson - no more of this under-prepared, overpriced tat. :hi:

Now that's funny right there. Haven't heard that song in long while... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I am wondering why the panel in the Beech has a MP gauge and a CHT gauge. When I flew a King Air, it had neither. (walking away, shaking head)

It is like a pyramid scheme. Instead of making money for their current buyers (fixing bugs to make the addon complete) they have to keep attracting new buyers with new flashy releases every month. They just want quick money, but if they made bug free realistic aircraft they would see higher sales. It is like Captain Sim of old, they used to do the same thing, endless stream of new aircraft announced and released while old customers ignored. But there was glimpses of quality and it was very disappointing. Carenado/Alabeo are releasing much needed aircraft but I wish they'd treat their customers with respect and fix all the bugs. (Please dont ban me again for critiquing them)

It is like a pyramid scheme. Instead of making money for their current buyers (fixing bugs to make the addon complete) they have to keep attracting new buyers with new flashy releases every month. They just want quick money, but if they made bug free realistic aircraft they would see higher sales. It is like Captain Sim of old, they used to do the same thing, endless stream of new aircraft announced and released while old customers ignored. But there was glimpses of quality and it was very disappointing. Carenado/Alabeo are releasing much needed aircraft but I wish they'd treat their customers with respect and fix all the bugs. (Please dont ban me again for critiquing them)

I agree.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Given their rate of churn, I'm sure many of us would settle for fixing what has been highlighted as wrong. And then not repeating it for the next six releases.