Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Carenado C90 GTX KING AIR, Coming Soon

I also agree...

And there fixed for free as there are plenty of contributors on here who do it for them...they only have to implement it into their model for copyright..

Dave

I also agree...

And there fixed for free as there are plenty of contributors on here who do it for them...they only have to implement it into their model for copyright..

Dave

Given their rate of churn, I'm sure many of us would settle for fixing what has been highlighted as wrong. And then not repeating it for the next six releases.

I sometimes wonder if their rate of churn out keeps other developers from jumping into the GA market.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Love the delectably put wordery here   :smile:

overpriced tat.

rate of churn

Like i said some folks just want something beautiful to fly and its hard to argue with these textures,  does look quite lovely  

21807588335_11937f7445_o.png

Like i said some folks just want something beautiful to fly and its hard to argue with these textures,  does look quite lovely  

Elaine, I think most of us get that.  The griping doesn't come so much because Carenado does "lite" airplanes, but because what they DO implement is so doggone broken, time after time after time, often repeating the same obvious and annoying bugs which have existed in previous releases.  Often these bugs are silly things which should be trivial to fix.  Secondarily of course, it's also because they're now doing "lite" at systems-rich prices.

I don't believe every plane needs to be "study level", but stuff oughta work at least close to "as advertised", especially at current Carenado pricing.

I often wonder how many people buy these planes in spite of their best judgement simply because they are so doggone pretty, fly them a few times until the novelty wears off and then stop due to a combination of boredom and frustration. Pretty only goes so far, but bugs annoy forever.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Guest BeaverDriver

I swore I wasn't going to post again in a Carenado/Alabeo forum as I'm absolutely done with them because of the very things discussed in this (and other) forums. However, I've come across a "bug" that has left even me shaking my head as to why it's never been fixed and has found its way into every release for the past several years; despite them having been told about the problem.

The issue I'm taking on here is with their EHSI's. Anyone noticed (of those who have Gyro Drift checked in their realism settings) that you have to hit the "D" key to keep the directional gyros aligned in flight? An EHSI (and if you don't see a DG adjustment knob on the HSI, then it's an EHSI) is a SLAVED unit. It is automatically aligned by a computer (of sorts) in the aircraft. That's why there is no adjustment knob (not talking the CRS or HDG knobs here - those are different) on the instrument. You'd think their first clue to them (C & A) that something's not right would be the fact that there IS no adjustment knob for the DG. And yet with release after release after release, we get a drifting EHSI. Doesn't much matter if your in NAV mode but if you're in HDG mode it matters a whole lot. Anyway, like others here I figured it was something in the coding that would be tough to fix (even though others have done it). I have complained and raised tickets with Carenado on every release about this issue but it's never once been addressed. Finally, one member here dug into one of the XML gauge files and made a fix for it. It wasn't necessarily the easiest thing to fix though if you aren't conversant with opening those files and it did add some extra "bulk" to your airplane's folder. Well, the other day, I was digging in the aircraft.cfg file for another airplane and lo and behold came upon this entry here:

[direction_indicators]
//1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another
//2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4
direction_indicator.0=2,0
direction_indicator.0=4,2

And so, thinking that the legend for this entry wasn't in Carenado/Alabeo's aircraft.cfg (and thus they didn't know what the numbers meant, although that is rather unbelievable when you are referring to an aircraft "developer" (using the term loosely)), I went into a couple of C & A aircraft cfg files to see what they had. They had exactly what you see above. Legend and all. Now, note the #1 direction indicator is set to "2". Note in the legend that "2" means it's an electric gyro. Electric gyros drift. Just like vacuum gyros. What DOESN'T drift are "Electro-Magnetic Slaved Compass Systems", or Slaved Gyros. You'll note (with great interest, I'm sure) that the code, "3" lists an Electro-Mag Slaved Compass. Now that HAS to be a coincidence because surely even C or A (same thing) wouldn't ignore a request for a fix that is that simple. I mean, that's not just treating your customers with a lack of respect, that's tantamount to flipping them the bird! So I figured that the fix has to be a lot more complicated than that, surely. Just for S&G's I changed the "2" to a "3" (giving you the following: 

[direction_indicators]
//1 Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro, 3=Electro-Mag Slaved Compass, 4=Slaved to another
//2 Indicator number of slaving indicator if Type = 4
direction_indicator.0=3,0
direction_indicator.0=4,2

)

and went and did a flight with it (I believe it was the PC 12). The results were, "odd" to say the least. The EHSI didn't drift so much as a degree during an hour long flight (yes, my Gyro Drift is turned on in the realism settings). Surely this is a coincidence. So I tried it on another aircraft. And another. And another. In every single case, the DG didn't drift one bit. Not at all. Just like the real thing. Unbelievable (I think I've used that word before).

The bottom line is, despite having been told time and time and time again about their gyros drifting on their EHSI's, nothing was ever done to fix it. It's not that it would require lines and lines of new code to be written (although, any company who gives a dam n about their customers and who wants repeat business, would be very willing to fix this). No. It required one number to be changed in the aircraft.cfg file. One, single, number. That's it.

To those who defend C & A; I would ask one question - are you sure you want to defend a company that puts so little respect and concern in for their customers? I would suggest there are others who are far more worthy of your support.

As I said, I've been done with them for a while. The above is only one part of the reason. I'm not even convinced their eye candy is all that spectacular anymore. 'Nuff said.

Oh my, it's that simple? I've been wondering about that for ages! Of course I gave up on filing bug reports. Especially after they told me how FLC mode is supposed to work in the Hawker...

Umm no. I think I tactfully suggested a language barrier between the real world publication and their programming of it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted today on facebook,  For FSX and Prepar3D,   looks very nice 

22741818422_84f192c0c2_o.png

22132597644_21a1dbf69e_o.png

22766594341_77a6352c4a_o.png

22741937342_2123e21f43_o.png

I swore I wasn't going to post again in a Carenado/Alabeo forum as I'm absolutely done with them because of the very things discussed in this (and other) forums. However, I've come across a "bug" that has left even me shaking my head as to why it's never been fixed and has found its way into every release for the past several years; despite them having been told about the problem.

The bottom line is, despite having been told time and time and time again about their gyros drifting on their EHSI's, nothing was ever done to fix it. It's not that it would require lines and lines of new code to be written (although, any company who gives a dam n about their customers and who wants repeat business, would be very willing to fix this). No. It required one number to be changed in the aircraft.cfg file. One, single, number. That's it.

I went and checked my Carenado planes, and the ones with glass gauges have 3,0 coded for the Direction Indicator..

• Upvote 1

Bert

"Looks very nice"

That's how they get cha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Actually, Carenado have a fantastic, resourceful, dedicated bug-fixing and after-sales department.

....... he's called Bert Pieke. :Party:

• Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Bill,  that did make me smile, very good.   Yes i follow Bert's threads and Mods, fantastic work.  

Posted today,  Night time pic.

*Warning*   Stupid question coming up 

Why is there a little light on the steering wheel :smile:    Never see that before in a Sim,  that's to read the Charts yes? 

22804765160_cc12459e37_o.png

Posted today,  Night time pic.

*Warning*   Stupid question coming up 

Why is there a little light on the steering wheel :smile:    Never see that before in a Sim,  that's to read the Charts yes? 

22804765160_cc12459e37_o.png

the "steering wheel?" Really? Now I know who Carenado aim their aircraft at

the "steering wheel?" Really? Now I know who Carenado aim their aircraft at

Sorry Mr 777 for been a silly billy   :Silly:  

Sorry Mr 777 for been a silly billy   :Silly:  

:smile:   And yes - the light appears to be on the top of a chart holder.

Scott