Sign in to follow this  
chad556

Getting custom external views to cycle

Perhaps I am still missing something, but I have always thought that the camera function within OPUS is extremely convoluted and unnecessarily difficult to set up. That being said, Ive read the manuals and have tried for 2 years to successfully set up external aircraft views. I am able to successfully set up multiple VC views and can effectively cycle through those views using a key command I setup in the shortcuts. I use Cntl + J to cycle up and cntrl + I to cycle down. Why dont these controls work when I am switched to opus external view? I have setup multiple external views successfully. However I am unable to cycle through them. When in opus external view custom default view shows fine, but when I attempt to cycle to the next view, it puts me back into VC view mode. Please help.

Did you post on the official forum.. Stephen normally replies very quick.  here

As for your camera problems i have never had any problems, i have over a total of 50 views stored and i assign all my internal and external views including the new world camera views to 1 joystick button, i have never had any drama`s!! its the best camera software out there now.

tpewpb-6.png

Just got back from a flying trip with no Internet access available. SimForums is easier for us to check and answer though especially when relying on a slow and tedious hotel Internet. As Rick says, there should be no problem at all. We recommend using a common key assignment (or button if you wish) to cycle through all relevant (assigned to aircraft) views. You MUST make sure though that any key you try and use is not used elsewhere and the sim will generate key events.

Not all keys are available, many cannot be used at all since no key event will be raised by the sim. Use Spy to look for the key event when you press the key. If you don't see the event then nor is Opus seeing it hence no selection. I usually use the X and shift-X keys.

Stephen :-)

So ... assign unique buttons to select individual views for your aircraft. Hint, the same button can be used to select all Captain Seat VC views etc. (Opus will select the one assigned to your current aircraft type). Then assign a single key (I use the X key) to all your Live Camera views, for the current aircraft type, you wish to cycle around. Not all keys can be used and may not generate 'key events' within the sim ... so Opus will not 'see' these key presses.

If you use ANY of the sims own 'internal' commands then Opus will be totally unaware of what you have done. There's no provision for that in SimConnect.

I have also answered on SimForums.

Mystery solved...

There is a difference between the actions of the Shortcut View Cycling commands and the way 'common' camera key or buttons are processed when configured into the actual Live Camera views. It looks like it was designed to be that way so we will try to make it a lot clearer in the Live Camera manual and User Guide.

The Shortcut keys will only cycle the views with the same view mode that was last selected onto the display through the Live Camera interface. So the Shortcuts will cycle through all your VC views or all your External views depending on what was last selected through Live Camera actions.

The common key (or button) assigned to groups of views, assigned within the camera views themselves. I use a common X key configured in all my camera views. These common key (or buttons) will cycle through all assigned camera views irrespective of the camera view mode.

Shortcut Commands ...

Cycle through relevant views with the same view mode as the current view.

Camera Commands ...

Cycle through all cameras assigned with the same common key/button.

We need to make this clearer in the documentation.

Thanks Chad.

Stephen smiley20.gif

We generally recommend ...

Assigning the V and shift-V keys to the View Cycling Shortcuts. The V key cycling forward and the shift-V key cycling backward.

Assigning the X key as a 'common' view cycling key to all your camera views, within the actual cameras themselves.

The V and shift-V Shortcuts can then be used to cycling through the views in your current view mode.

And,

The X key can be used to cycle through ALL assigned cameras for the selected aircraft.