Sign in to follow this  
Gartro

PC Aviator New Additions discount

I noticed this morning that the US store of PC Aviator is now reducing the price of all new releases by 10% for 60 days after they are first listed there.

Gary

Nice deal I just picked up the Carenado Phenom 300 and NaviGraph and saved about $6

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I noticed this morning that all reference to the New Additions price reduction appears to have quietly disappeared from the PC Aviator website.

Gary

• Upvote 1

I noticed this morning that all reference to the New Additions price reduction appears to have quietly disappeared from the PC Aviator website.

Gary

You're probably getting confused with the AU site... The US store still show them on the menu as always.

How is PCA with product updates? Does he upload the latest versions so you can redownload from your customer account (like FSS and Simmarket)?

Regards, Perry

How is PCA with product updates? Does he upload the latest versions so you can redownload from your customer account (like FSS and Simmarket)?

Yes, although once it was a bit slower to out up the newer one

Yes, although once it was a bit slower to out up the newer one

Thanks!

Nice deal I just picked up the Carenado Phenom 300 and NaviGraph and saved about $6

Me, too, great deal!

Regards, Perry

Perry

In response to your post #6, I have found the most reliable retailers for having their downloads up-to-date and notifying the availability of updated versions of downloads are Simmarket and Just Flight. As to how I have experienced PC Aviator (at both its Aust and US stores), see my posts in the Currency of Downloads thread on the PC Aviator Australia Forum at http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/topic/627-currency-of-downloads/

Gary

Carlos

As to your post #5, I am not confusing the US and Aust stores of PC Aviator.

The Aust store is my preferred flight sim retailer and I know it well. To my recollection, the Aust store has never had a New Arrivals section on its website and has never offered what the US store started offering (with much fanfare) a couple of months ago, namely a 10% price reduction on each New Arrival for 60 days after being first listed on the US store website.

The New Arrivals section remains on the US store website, the 60 days price reduction offer does not. You may have thought that I had said that the New Arrivals section itself had disappeared.

Gary

Perry

In response to your post #6, I have found the most reliable retailers for having their downloads up-to-date and notifying the availability of updated versions of downloads are Simmarket and Just Flight. As to how I have experienced PC Aviator (at both its Aust and US stores), see my posts in the Currency of Downloads thread on the PC Aviator Australia Forum at http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/topic/627-currency-of-downloads/

Gary

Carlos

As to your post #5, I am not confusing the US and Aust stores of PC Aviator.

The Aust store is my preferred flight sim retailer and I know it well. To my recollection, the Aust store has never had a New Arrivals section on its website and has never offered what the US store started offering (with much fanfare) a couple of months ago, namely a 10% price reduction on each New Arrival for 60 days after being first listed on the US store website.

The New Arrivals section remains on the US store website, the 60 days price reduction offer does not. You may have thought that I had said that the New Arrivals section itself had disappeared.

Gary

Hmm.. Well on one hand I did think that, but on the other I wondered how you could think it when, except for when there are other promotions like this weekend's 10% off all wekend", there's a huge banner that states it on the home page?

In any case, is it even relevant/importan considering you get the same discount on new additions or regular prodcuts every single tuesday..?

Perry

In response to your post #6, I have found the most reliable retailers for having their downloads up-to-date and notifying the availability of updated versions of downloads are Simmarket and Just Flight. As to how I have experienced PC Aviator (at both its Aust and US stores), see my posts in the Currency of Downloads thread on the PC Aviator Australia Forum at http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/topic/627-currency-of-downloads/

Gary

Thanks, that's very informative. Good to know the forum link, too, as I previously couldn't establish contact via email.

Regards, Perry

Several sales at PC Aviator continue - http://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=744

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm deeply disappointed regarding PC Aviator and product updates.

The latest V3 of LatinVFR's KMIA (with the opportunity of a free upgrade under certain circumstances) is listed since 1 week on Simmarket.

PC Aviator? Nothing...still V2.

I wrote an email 2 days ago to bring this up......PC Aviator....still no answer.

Conclusion for me: I will pass this dozy shop in the future.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Chris

I raised this aspect on the PC Australia Community Forum. Dean, the manager of the Australian store of PC Aviator, posted the following answer there tonight:

"We will have V3 shortly. Re discounts etc for updates, we usually always offer these, but you will need to contact us to get the special discount code to apply to your order. When we upgrade our web store (hopefully soon) the newer store might have a feature to automate this process and make it a little easier for customers."

Gary

Thanks for information, Gary.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi