Sign in to follow this  
Johnbs2k

A couple of Newbie Questions - JarDesign A320

I have experienced a couple of small issues and it could be that I am doing something wrong. I have taken a quick look at the FCOM documentation but cannot see the answer

1 - The last couple of times I have landed, I have exited the runway and then come to stop, which I switch on the APU and do the other stuff I need to do. When I push the throttles nothing happens, the engines don't react and the throttle quadrant does not move - basically I am stuck on the taxiway with no way to get going again.

2 - I have noticed that sometimes when I want to call for the Fuel Truck the button will not switch on, the Load button works, as does the CAT and STR, its just the fuel that will not. However if I use the menu and let AI control the aircraft and then switch off the AI, I can then call the fuel truck. is that normal?

John

If you are running the latest 10.40rc3, try, if you have a copy, going back to b11 or so and see if you have the problem. I have discovered some severe problems with FMC properties toward the end of flights and it was resolved by going back to my old b5 copy.  Yes, I have filed a bug report.  Took me a long time to realize what was going on -- Thought these old brain cells were dying.

John

John Wingold

Hi John,

Once again thanks for the help. I purchased the Jardesign A320neo from Simmarket, looking at the FMS it Says ENG CFM56-5-B4 Version Info: V2.0, is that not the latest?

ENG CFM56-5-B4 Version Info: V2.0, is that not the latest?

I was referring to the 10.40rc3 which is the latest beta X-Plane release.  I have found that the nav data version makes very little difference in the way it operates although I'm sure there will be those who differ with that.  It probably would make a difference if I were flying with any of the online ATC, but I don't.

John

John Wingold

Ok So I now have the 2,3R4, Some nice additons, but now the nose wheel will not work on the taxiway...It is showing up in the joystick configuation, the slider goes to both Left and Right when I twist the stick, but I get no reading in the Null Zone tab.....All the other movements are fine (its and X52 BTW).

Also, if I came to a stop on the taxiway after landing I cannot get moving again, unless I let the AI control the aircraft and then take control back, then I have throttle control again...is that normal?

Well how stupid do I feel! It seems I had somehow managed to switch off the X Plane nose wheel steering (as opposed to the button you see on screen under the tiller). After setting a button on the joystick to toggle the X plane tiller steering I was back in control. I did notice that pressing the nose wheel disconnect button on the tiller in the cockpit (the one you see on the screen) , made no difference to whether I had steering on the twist grip - and pressing the X plane tiller toggle (that I configured on the Joystick) did not change the button you see on the screen (in the cockpit).​

I will leave this here in case it is a help to anyone else getting frustrated with having to steer using toe brakes.

All I need to work out now is how to get the throttles to activate again after landing and coming to a standstill.

You can actually get a most recent release from their private Forum ( login required ), here:

http://www.jardesign.org/forum/

in this specific thread:

http://jardesign.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=22

you can find already v2.5 beta 1 and some additional updates for plugins.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You can actually get a most recent release from their private Forum ( login required ), here:

http://www.jardesign.org/forum/

dunno what happend to my post, but this is what i wanted to post.  on there is 2.5 b1   and it is vastly superior to all other versions out there

Yes alpha12125, and it was thanks to your post at another thread that I found out about this Forum, which was completely unknown to me ;-) 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...