Sign in to follow this  
gingerterry

New MSE 4x

hello, I see that there is a new MSE 4x coming out but have a few questions first.

Is this an upgrade or a new install?

is this from the same source code as MSE?

what will happen to the high res cities and areas I already have?

what is the impact on frame rates?

have the shorelines been sorted out yet as they were horrendous in MSE and were never fixed.

what is the transition like from state to state with regards to the colour?

have all the countries planned for MSE been completed het for example is there a France , Austria or Norway planned.  

I ask this because If nothing has changed and they have not fixed the issues with MSE as asked by many, many customers, then why sink a whole load of money into something else of theirs that could just look as bad?

many thanks, terry

I'm gonna venture a guess that it is the same source used to make their standard 2.0 scenery.  They've always claimed that their source material was 50cm so I assume this is it.  Going from 1m to 50cm quadruples the size of the scenery.  So a 5gb package at 1 meter would be 20gb at 50cm.  They claim they've found a new way to compress their material so there isn't a huge increase in size. I tend to think doing that would yield results are not as clean and clear as a true 50cm scene.  

So I wouldn't expect much difference other than being a little cleaner at 500 to 2000 feet.  Vermont will likely still be that garish faded green (unrealistic) because their source material is from the NGS website, which is the same garish green. 

Their ultra-res cities have colours that are different from their MSEv2 states. Also, the ultra-res Rocky Mountains, for example, have more consistent colouring than the "default-res" state of Colorado that looks quite patchy. Check the GIF here for PCA's example:

http://www.megasceneryearth.com/news/News-2015-09-19.htm

As far as fps are concerned: They should not be affected by the higher resolution but the higher amount of scenery data will increase the need for "blurry management" (speed of your aircraft, use of time acceleration, speed of your HDD, HDD vs. SSD, data caching and so on).

After buying hundreds of dollors of MSE2, I bought ORBYX GLOBEL last Christmas when it was on sale for around $50. It looks so good I don't see me buying more photo scenery. May not be photoreal but do I know the diffrence? Hardly, unless its my home state. Besides, you get seasons and autogen trees and houses for a more 3D look. 

Vic green

After buying hundreds of dollors of MSE2, I bought ORBYX GLOBEL last Christmas when it was on sale for around $50. It looks so good I don't see me buying more photo scenery. May not be photoreal but do I know the diffrence? Hardly, unless its my home state. Besides, you get seasons and autogen trees and houses for a more 3D look

I came to the exact same conclution a year ago, PATCO.  To me, the combiniation of FS Global 2010, FTX Global and Vector is FAR more cost effective than procuring MCE; I actually think it looks better too. Plus, I hate flying without compadiable scenery (e.g. fall and winter).  Like you, I will only procure my home state, which I will only use during the summer months.  Having said that, I know some people swear by photo secenery; so, I'm sure there's a market for it... 

Matt King

There certainly is a market for it, and I'll be first in line. ORBX Mickey Mouse scenery does nothing for me at all.

Each to their own!

Phil

They might want to think about correcting some of the problems in their existing scenery before throwing new products on the table. The Northern Ireland section of MSE2 Ireland is a mess. They might want to also consider a bit of watermasking aswell. Lough Neagh and Strangford Lough (to quote two good examples) as massive static texture sheets really doesn't cut it in 2015 for a payware product. In addition, the interior coastline of the latter is utter garbage.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The source material may be at .50m but it will be projected at .60m since FS cannot project at .50m.  A little marketing fluff going on if you ask me.  Not sure if they mean the download size has just been compressed more or the finished product once installed is smaller.

I'm  a photoreal enthusiast.  Don't care for the repeating tiles and the "Deja Vu" of "hey didn't I just fly over that?"  But after buying a few states of MSE2 I I decided to start making my own USA with full 3D autogen, night lighting, color correction and proper watermasking.  I couldn't go back if I tried as the immersion factor is well... I'm immersed!

May have to reveal at some point what we have cookin', ha!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

The source material may be at .50m but it will be projected at .60m since FS cannot project at .50m.  A little marketing fluff going on if you ask me.  Not sure if they mean the download size has just been compressed more or the finished product once installed is smaller.

I'm  a photoreal enthusiast.  Don't care for the repeating tiles and the "Deja Vu" of "hey didn't I just fly over that?"  But after buying a few states of MSE2 I I decided to start making my own USA with full 3D autogen, night lighting, color correction and proper watermasking.  I couldn't go back if I tried as the immersion factor is well... I'm immersed!

May have to reveal at some point what we have cookin', ha!

Please tell us what you have cookin!  If you have something to release to flight simmers, or expect to in the coming months, don't keep it quiet for long.  If you have night lighting in addition to good looking scenery, then I'm a customer in waiting.