Sign in to follow this  
gingerterry

New MSE 4x

Hi Curt,

MSE usually render each LOD on its own,

if you go through their files you will notice the grouping

each group is a single LOD (from 13 and up); you can try to remove the last LOD files to a temp location so they dont load

Q9300... I’m sorry but you’re years behind with your hardware,

i can only imagine the peripheral hardware is as "distinguished" as the CPU,

(http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ your CPU is in the mid range table today)

I’ll go out on a limb and say probably your monitor too, they all could probably use a refresh;

you will get a significant differences in visuals as well,

what are you rendering with for GPU?

And what are your textures max load settings?

Sorry, I should have referred to my previous post.  The Q9300 was what I previously had.  I now have a new Skylake computer with a 6700k CPU, GTX 970 card and two SSD's.  FSX runs great in general.  I had my texture max load at 4096, then dropped it to 2048.  No change with that tweak either.

I’m sorry i missed that Curt :)

your current specs are more than sufficient to give you decent visuals and performance,

did you try to eliminate the last LOD as suggested?

I’m sorry i missed that Curt :)

your current specs are more than sufficient to give you decent visuals and performance,

did you try to eliminate the last LOD as suggested?

Well, I'm a bit stumped on this one.  The scenery folder lists numerous .bgl files and nothing else.  Where should I find the LOD you refer to?  Also, I have FSX and MSE 4X installed on a 1 Tb SSD.  That shouldn't be a conflict with both on the same drive, correct?  

Hey, I've got it fixed!  It turned out to be so simple, yet I missed it.  I just had to go the the nVidia control panel and turn Anisotropic Filtering to 16x.  I noticed a couple of my payware airports had fuzzy runways which was unusual.  Went through my nVidia settings and realized I had overlooked one, and this is one you can't overlook.  Thanks Chris for your input, and now I can enjoy my 4X purchase.

lol,

you know sometimes we look way up there while all along its right under our noses,

I’m glad you’ve sorted it out; now let’s see you show off a bit with your new PR set

VFR France has some France scenery with high Def Photo textures with amazing Autogens...nothing beats that.

This is what 60cm photoscenery should look like with proper autogen and trees.  I spent weeks creating the whole of Switzerland at 60 cm scenery with fsearthtiles.   If I can do this, then certainly MSE can.   I simply do not have the means of hosting over 150 GB of data.  Full trees, full autogen.  Full surrealness.

Xy5qJp1.png

I hope you would load that up somewhere where we can get it. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

no, and yes!  (but that’s all i can say atm)

more details will be available November 1st

Well hopefully, whatever product it is, it is able to make autogen tree based on auto-detection of the ground textures.

scenProc does this already.  The results are amazing.  If you have a good quality orthophoto, scenProc can detect the vegetation by RGB levels, and place that vegetation fairly accurately.

I'm doing a little work around Belfast.  All the trees you see here were placed by scenProc based on their RGB color values.  Notice how accurately the trees are by the streets.   

ScenProc's biggest issue is that it has a slight learning curve.  Hopefully whatever product is going to be previewed on November 1 does more than just base it's autogen on OSM data.  Doing RGB color detection simply means that you can cover the entire USA and beyond in vegetation exactly where it belongs... no OSM data needed.

mu7KQbV.jpg

I should get into scenproc but for some reason its always seemed to difficult for the limited time I can afford to throw at it :( Is it as hard as I'm imagining?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

It's not GUI, but requires some typing.  Arno has some basic configs that you can just copy and paste, so that helps. 

You can download one OSM data file for the area you want, Ireland as an example, from the GEOFABRIK website.  Inside scenProc, you simply type the location where you saved the .osm file is (say on your desktop), and then type where you want it to save the results.  It will spit out autogen buildings and vegetation based on the OSM data file you downloaded.  Copy the autogen files into your Texture folder for FSX to use.  You have to have photoreal scenery as well...

If you want to start doing custom placement of buildings and/or vegetation it requires another tool built into scenProc.  Arno recently added the support for the BMP files from the program FSEarthtiles, which is just fantastic.  scenProc is the BEST program for covering large areas with accurate vegetation.  Even more exciting is that he's working on auto detecting buildings...

let’s not get side tracked (Kevin & Scottee :smile: ); scenProc detection works great with online imagery sources!
it is an excellent tool; even a novice can get amazing immediate results with small scale projects,
for a larger scale projects it’s a different story though,

if you guys need help with your scenProc projects; many of us are all there as well :wink:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/scenproc.131/

Well, my credit card is waiting for decent Northern Ireland photoscenery with custom tree autogen. Oh, and trees for the Republic of Ireland (preferably my VFR GenX version) would also be nice :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another member has posted some images of MSEx4 in another thread and they do NOT look pretty! i sure hope they had a corrupted install or a conflict with some other scenery because if that is the new standard for MSE I won't be buying it EVER.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

it is an excellent tool; even a novice can get amazing immediate results with small scale projects,

for a larger scale projects it’s a different story though,

What is considered "large scale"? 

It took about 20 minutes for me to process a full size fsearthtiles tile at 1 meter resolution through scenProc detection.   I figure I can do an entire state like Utah in 1 meter resolution, with full, accurately placed vegetation in a day or less.

I put the dern thing to a serious test around Wayne Wonderland Airport in Utah, USA.  It was able to capture the small patches of trees up the mountainside.   I am in utter disbelief how amazing this has worked.  I tried Nuvecta trees (crap) and there is another commercial product that was total crap.

Look at this image, 20 minutes and the tree patches are accurate.

OfwVjHL.jpg?1

lol, i challenge you :smile:
the lower res imagery will give you poor results; and high def will take a long time to download;
you can’t detect Utah in a day; let alone download the whole state imagery in a day;
I’d love to get into discussing this; but this thread is hardly the place for it,

Ian (Nuvecta) is a good friend; his work is far more complex than meets the eye,

Another member has posted some images of MSEx4 in another thread and they do NOT look pretty!

i think you should have your doc look into adjusting your med's; you anal retentive freak :P
downloading now, will take another day to complete; ill have a look and report back, :wink:

Another member has posted some images of MSEx4 in another thread and they do NOT look pretty! i sure hope they had a corrupted install or a conflict with some other scenery because if that is the new standard for MSE I won't be buying it EVER.

And there was me thinking you were an MSE "air circulator small man", Kevin :lol:

EDIT: What a pathetic word to censor.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png