Sign in to follow this  
newtie

FTX NorCal and Flightbeam KSFO HD

Has anyone gotten these two to get along?

I've done some research but haven't found an acceptable solution.

Cheers.

Mark

Sure, I just added the KSFOHD last week and used it for a couple of flights with the NGX. No problem. I did save/load after TOC, which is rare but there are places that require it (e.g., Aerosoft PANC).

My PMDG 77L in DAL colors on end of runway loads with about 580 Mb remaining. FTX NA NCA turned on.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm losing 1/3 of my frame rates flying the Hawker into KSFO_HD, that is 30 fps down to 20fps with NorCal enabled. 

Uncheck NorCal in scenery lib, back up to 30.

Some .bgl files have to be disabled in ORBX NCA folders in order to improve performance at KSFO. Just search KSFO in ORBX support forums and you will find the solution.

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Great info!  For easier reference OP, here it is:

Just a thought...did you disable (1) marina and docks, (2) cranes and (3) marine lights located in the SF Bay Area region?  Those are options in the KSQL control panel.  If you don't have KSQL, then it's a matter of manually disabling three BQL files (by renaming them to add ".OFF"):

Under ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY/scenery:

FTX_NCA_objects_SRA_marinas_ships_docks_PLC.bgl

FTX_NCA_objects_marine_lights_PLC.bgl

FTX_NCA_objects_CA_Oakland.bgl

Thanks guys.

That was it.

30fps in and 30fps out.

Perfect.

FPS is bad but VAS is a disaster. No one's fault, really, just a 32-bit problem I suppose. Glad I was able to trial SFO at least...

I tried my first PMDG 777 flight into KSFOHD with FTX NA NCA turned on last night PHNL-KSFO.  I noted VAS remaining at TOD exceed 1 Gb so I didn't do a save/load cycle and started my descent but then as I turned final to RNW 28R the warning gongs sounded and I saved the flight.  Turned off NCA and restarted P3D and continued uneventfully.  This is the first time I've ever had a problem with VAS when it was above 1 Gb at TOD.

I've taken note of the above bgls to turn off, but my problem was not frame rate so next trip into KSFOHD will get a save/load cycle at TOD regardless of VAS remaining.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but is this discussion based on P3D 3.0, or 2.5? I was thinking on purchasing FTX NorCal for using together with Flightbeam KSFO HD, but if VAS usage is bad, I might want to skip.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but is this discussion based on P3D 3.0, or 2.5? I was thinking on purchasing FTX NorCal for using together with Flightbeam KSFO HD, but if VAS usage is bad, I might want to skip.

VAS is really great in 3.0 vs 2.5 . About 600mb give and take so look at your setup in 2.5 and then just do the calculation. 

KSFOHD is the most detailed and FPS/VAS optimized version you will get. I have around 30-40fps in the NGX and the PMDG777

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

VAS is really great in 3.0 vs 2.5 . About 600mb give and take so look at your setup in 2.5 and then just do the calculation. 

KSFOHD is the most detailed and FPS/VAS optimized version you will get. I have around 30-40fps in the NGX and the PMDG777

Michael Moe

I must be running very high settings then cause all I can achieve is max 25 fps (GTX 970). Taken, I'm running scenery complexity very dense and autogen dense though so that might take a chunk of FPS.

Problem with ORBX NorCal is, that I don't know its VAS usage.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Brynjar,

Download ProjectFly's PilotTool set here:

http://pawkbun.co.uk/

It monitors your VAS usage and you can display it within the sim.  Extremely useful.

I must be running very high settings then cause all I can achieve is max 25 fps (GTX 970). Taken, I'm running scenery complexity very dense and autogen dense though so that might take a chunk of FPS.

My settings is LOD maxed and same for complexity and 2048 texture. Dense autogen but only 5 % road traffic.

ASN 3 layers but maxed covering

I also just use one GTX970 1920x1200 .Whats your CPU and speed?

Edit: I havent install FTXNORCAL yet btw . Waiting for installers

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png