Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

DXT10 + FSX Default Road Traffic = Disaster!

Hello,

So I recently looked into using DXT10 with FSX, and everything looks normal and dandy, until I turn on the default cars road traffic. When I do, the textures of the cars start to stretch and flash all over the screen. The sky turns black, and the clouds blue, it's a complete mess. But when I turn off the road traffic, all is fine. 

* this only happens in windowed-full screen* In full screen, it's fine, and in windows not full it's fine as well. I tried messing with the resolutions in the FSX display tab and that only changes the full screen resolution. I fly in windowed full screen. 

I have DXT10 fixer and I have ran it many time and played with the settings, nothing has solved this yet, I suspect it's a display or resolution issue. 

Thanks! 

Hello,

So I recently looked into using DXT10 with FSX, and everything looks normal and dandy, until I turn on the default cars road traffic. When I do, the textures of the cars start to stretch and flash all over the screen. The sky turns black, and the clouds blue, it's a complete mess. But when I turn off the road traffic, all is fine. 

* this only happens in windowed-full screen* In full screen, it's fine, and in windows not full it's fine as well. I tried messing with the resolutions in the FSX display tab and that only changes the full screen resolution. I fly in windowed full screen. 

I have DXT10 fixer and I have ran it many time and played with the settings, nothing has solved this yet, I suspect it's a display or resolution issue. 

Thanks! 

Your GPU may be overloaded, what percentage of AI Traffic are you running?

AI Aircraft traffic = 0

Road Traffic= 100

But with no DXT10, it's fine. 

Try reducing your road traffic a huge amount, as in 100% - 95% = 5%

This is a flight simulator, not a traffic jam simulator.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yes, I think most folks fly with road traffic at either 0% or between 10 and 30%. I have mine set at 15. I would imagine that 100 would really cripple a system.

I keep my rood traffic at 10% I get plenty of activity at this setting.

Awp, seems to be better. The excess traffic might of been a bit to much... thanks!