Sign in to follow this  
oskar9955

FSX home screen is too big.

One day after loggin on to flight sim my home screen became really big this makes it really difficult to click any of the buttons on the bottom. Does any one know how to fix this?

WuY02PR.png

Look in your Uires folder and check the size of dlgstd.bmp to see if it's 1024X738.  Is your FSX screen

resolution the same as you Windows resolution.  (Not sure if that matters with this screen.)

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Look in your Uires folder and check the size of dlgstd.bmp to see if it's 1024X738.  Is your FSX screen

resolution the same as you Windows resolution.  (Not sure if that matters with this screen.)

Yes the file is 1024x738 and yes both resolutions are the same

Try Right clicking on the FSX icon, and click compatability check. Follow prompts. Worked for me.

I got a similar issue around the same date, I think caused by a Windows update.

A couple of mm's wider on all four sides.

My scroll bar is half the size but still able to be used as with the rest of my computer.

When typing the first letter on e-mail or words etc  this is missing (off screen).

All my windows, internet pages etc etc are a little too big for the screen.

Waiting for a friend to come and sort this out.

Maybe a small setting re-adjustment is needed somewhere.

Yeah, sounds like a Window's setting has been changed.  Check your resolution, and if necessary place it back to where it should be.  If your monitor is rectangular, it's likely supposed to be at 1920x1080.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

FWIW -

with FSX closed, In the FSX.cfg located at %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX under the [Main] section, delete the following line and let it rebuild on the next start. If using multiple monitors drag the window over to where it's wanted once the start window shows. Click fly now as the setting doesn't get saved until the button is clicked.

SIMILAR TO

Location=280,61,1320,839,\\.\DISPLAY2

Description -

Location=Top left corner position X, Top left corner position Y, Remaining space X, Remaining space Y, \\.\Which display?

The "size" of the window itself gets quasi calculated (more so as a percentage from remaining space) by the above values ex -

Size X = Remaining space X - Top left corner position X

Size Y = Remaining space Y - Top left corner position Y

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap