Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Kuala Lumpur Intl Airport for FS9

Waiting for the next pension payment Harald.

First Warsaw, now KL, probably my last payware hub for FS9 ... apart from Cairo, St.Petersburg et al :smile:

apart from Cairo

My money will be enough for one airport this month... So... I wait for some opinions towards Kuala Lumpur.

:blush:

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I purchased the scenery, but I then had to download missing seasonal texture files from the A_A facebook page. The scenery looks good in day time, but there is a problem switching to Dusk/Dawn/Night where either there are white ground poly textures, or FS9 locks up.

The developer has emailed me some "fixes" but so far the problem is not solved. I am hopeful it will be rectified soon.

Graeme Butler

Graeme many thanks for being the guinea pig and the feedback mate.  Sounds like Tic has merely ported from FSX version ... can't say I blame him given potential sales.

Many thanks Graeme! Could you please post further developments here?

Looks as Kuwait and Cairo were my next sceneries.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to purchase Kuala Lumpur, but now I think I will wait a bit until the bugs are fixed.

I will advise if the issue gets resolved. It apparently is not occurring on everyone's setup, but it is not just me alone. There have been several "fixes" but so far nothing works. I see that the developer has posted a query at FSDeveloper.com, as I think he is puzzled as well:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/some-ground-poly-tiles-become-white.435195/

Graeme Butler

The culprit has been located - a corrupted texture bitmap in the Effects folder. At the moment it is only available to download from a posting on the Facebook page. The scenery now works fine and looks great!

Hopefully the Simmarket download will be updated in the coming days.

Graeme Butler

Thanks again Graeme. Nice to have another great looking and working FS9 scenery.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Let us know when the update is widely available as I don't do Facebook.

Well I will go and buy the scenery this weekend! Thank you for posting what was happening with this scenery graemeb.

I don't do facebook either, but you can access the downloads there (https://www.facebook.com/AASceneries), although the "fix" for me is located in a visitor post, so it is not obvious. I'm hoping an official update will be forthcoming.

Graeme Butler

The "Update 2" has been posted on the A_A facebook page. If you buy the scenery, you will still need to download two updates, one for the seasonal textures, the other to fix to the lighting effect texture.

EDIT: Simmarket now has the original installer, plus the two updates, so if you are interested in a good scenery KL, I recommend this one.

Graeme Butler