Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

pmdg 737ngx wish list

Guest JustanotherPilot

I have used the 737ngx reboot since day one of release and am generally pleased with it although, I've never been able to complete a full flight using voice, mainly due to my hardware setup. I usually revert to button control but find that sometimes this misses a few flows, but it is more convenient because of ease of use and short time to go through the flows.

In the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A321 series there is provision to activate the PnF feature, which does the copilot stuff and replies to the PF, I think this is a really good feature for a semi authentic and quick feature of this aircraft. Would FS2Crew consider developing something similar for the PMDG 737ngx - a  variation of the fs2crew button feature but does not require any user input to complete the flows.

steve s

a  variation of the fs2crew button feature but does not require any user input to complete the flows.

Interesting idea, but not sure how I'd do that.  The flows need a "trigger" in many cases.

Also, I personally focus on sorting your hardware issues, especially with voice.

Can you describe that in more detail.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your quick reply, to be honest I find I just don't have the time to do the full voice - that's not detracting from reboot,  it's a great product that has added more realism to sim flying. As I said with the button, you just 'get up and go' but I really think the AS Airbus is great because, a PnF does the checks, replies, reads out when appropriate and moves the switches and dials when necessary. This in conjunction with the flight attendant crew announcement is something I really enjoy.

steve

The Aerosoft Airbus comes with a virtual FO that is meant more for the casual user.  They're not really trying to do things realistically.

FS2Crew does try to do things more realistically, and if I department from that formula, my loyal users would feed me to the fishes  :smile: