Sign in to follow this  
Wolf737

Gear Up/gear down and flap commands

Hello,

I have enjoyed the older Emergency versions of FS2crew, but I am having command issues with Reboot.  Once airborne I am able to command the FO to make changes to speed, heading, auto pilot etc, However, I can't get him to put the gear up or down nor extend or retract the flaps.  On taxi, I can't get the FO to extend the flaps.

Right after rotation on take off with a positive rate of climb, I command "gear up" or during flight I command "gear down", but nothing happens.

This is also true for Flap commands in flight regardless of retracting flaps or extending flaps.  I see the green speech bar indicating the command, but no action.

Has the gear and flap commands changed from earlier versions of FS2crew?  All other commands seem to work.  

SOP's are great, but every flight can be different and unique that may or may not require certain gear or flap positions.  

Thank you for any help or info

Dana Rice

What does the mode say on the FS2Crew main panel?

Assuming you're following the Tutorial flight to the letter, and you can see the expected voice command in the "Green (adventure) bar", then it should work, unless you are in the wrong mode.

Another possibility:  If the flaps aren't moving, check your hardware assignments.  Hardware can overwride the flap/gear commands sent by FS2Crew.

Since you said everything else works, I'm leaning toward the last one - hardware or some other setting.

The Gear and flaps work fine with the keyboard and yoke.  I guess I don't understand your statement  "hardware can override the flap/gear commands sent by fs2crew".

How can I check or fix this etc.  The voice commands worked fine with previous versions of fs2crew.

Thanks.

danaRice 

Hi Bryan,

Yes, I use the CH products throttle quadrant. One switch for the gear and another for the flaps.  The hardware assignments work for each, but voice command does not.  The voice commands worked well with FS2crew emergency, but now with Reboot they do not.