Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Startup State for all models?

Understand. Yup, that would be a plus.

Meanwhile, the only time I load a default state is to create a new start location, generally at a gate someplace and come to think of it I could be starting with a saved state and simply moving it to the new location. That eliminates all default starts.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sure another way to process would be to save a flight for each different version with the panel state I like as a workaround.

Hi, Romain,

There's a file in the FSX\PMDG\777X folder called something like 777X_Options.ini . It sets the startup state.  You could try making copy of it, say when the default startup state is a PAX one.  Then rename it something like 777X_Options_PAXini.

Then create a Freight startup state, save it and use the CDU to make it the startup state.  Make a copy of the original ini file that now has the Freight startup state set as default, - name it to something useful like 777X_Options_Freightdog (Chien de Fret????)ini (in both, leave out the period before ini to avoid possible problems w/ the 777 finding the wrong ini file). 

Before you load a freighter, copy and rename the ...Freightdog" file to the original ini name. (Back up the other one w/ the same name first).    Same thing w/ the "....PAX" file.    I haven't tried this as I'm not at my FS computer right now, but it should work.  Just back up the 777X_Options.ini file before modifying anything.  Also, I'm giving the ini file name from memory, but it should be similar -- you can open it w/ notepad and see the startup state line in it.   

I will experiment w/ this myself in the next day or so.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Before you load a freighter, copy and rename the ...Freightdog" file to the original ini name. (Back up the other one w/ the same name first). Same thing w/ the "....PAX" file. I haven't tried this as I'm not at my FS computer right now, but it should work. Just back up the 777X_Options.ini file before modifying anything. Also, I'm giving the ini file name from memory, but it should be similar -- you can open it w/ notepad and see the startup state line in it.

You could automate that further using batch files (and desktop icons to run them) to copy the relevant version options file into the 777 options file. Then it would only take one click to switch to pax or freight default before loading the sim.

Switching options files should work, but surely it's much easier to load a freighter or pax panel state from the CDU rather than messing around with swapping ini files over. However it does mean waiting for a second initialisation sequence of course, not good for immersion. Generally speaking I choose my preferred state (short turn) on convenience rather than realism. It's nice to watch the 777 initialise itself from cold and dark occasionally, but the differences between long and short turn panel states are small and more in the mindset of the user.

ki9cAAb.jpg

You could automate that further using batch files (and desktop icons to run them) to copy the relevant version options file into the 777 options file. Then it would only take one click to switch to pax or freight default before loading the sim.

Switching options files should work, but surely it's much easier to load a freighter or pax panel state from the CDU rather than messing around with swapping ini files over. However it does mean waiting for a second initialisation sequence of course, not good for immersion. Generally speaking I choose my preferred state (short turn) on convenience rather than realism. It's nice to watch the 777 initialise itself from cold and dark occasionally, but the differences between long and short turn panel states are small and more in the mindset of the user.

Just to report back, it does work, except I did it by manually changing the line "StartupPanelState= " in the 777X_Options.ini file (using notepad). So I keep one copy set to the Cold & Dark state, and one set to my custom gnd power on state.   I agree it is something of a hassle.  I know there's a way to have the files switched using a bat file, but I'm rusty on how to set one up in Windows7.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Just to report back, it does work, except I did it by manually changing the line "StartupPanelState= " in the 777X_Options.ini file (using notepad). So I keep one copy set to the Cold & Dark state, and one set to my custom gnd power on state.   I agree it is something of a hassle.  I know there's a way to have the files switched using a bat file, but I'm rusty on how to set one up in Windows7.

Mike

It's no different to earlier windows versions. Just a text file listing command window syntax (i.e. like DOS) commands with "exit" as the last line to close the window.

ki9cAAb.jpg