Sign in to follow this  
Fox_Thunder

PMDG 737 +++

Hello everyone,

Can you please share what is in your experience the best combination of add-ins to run along with the PMDG 737 NGX. What I really mean is when you start the FSX which third party software add-ins are you running along with the PMDG 737 for the best experience.

My personal combination of add-ins are as follows (ranked by the starting order):

1. Active Sky Next

2. FlyUk virtual SkyTrack for chosing the route

3. Navigraph Charts for SID AND STAR

4. TOPCAT - not always

5. FSX-SE - GSX - PMDG 737

Wish you all clear skies

Marko

Marko,

My list is similar to yours:  ASN, Simbrief, TOPCAT, GSX or AES (depending on the airport), RC4, and FSFK.  I also use REX, FTX Global (including openLC Europe), and UTUSA / UTEurope, plus airport scenery.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Marko,

I use ASN, PFPX, TOPCAT ; that does it for me.

And I am also a great fan of RealAir products (Dukes f.i.)

Cheers,

Ben

ASN with REX grafics,FS2CREW REBOOT, OPUS camera, FSX Fiber Accelerator, Frictionality, and freeware AI Smooth. Also Navigraph AIRAC updates. Get my flight plans from SimBrief. 

Vic green

I won't bother mentioning all the great addons listed already. I would however add that I am also using an iPad for the CDU as well as a Surface pro for all my charts and it has greatly enhanced my experience. I also use a GoFlight MCP pro which greatly enhances the sim. I would do anything to go the home cockpit route, but alas, I simply do not have the money for it. Plus I love long haul as well which would mean a 777, 747, 787 cockpit. :Praying:   I realize I have strayed outside of the boundary of the discussion by adding hardware but I think that when having a conversation about realism its very relevant. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you SAX. But how are you planning the SIDs and STARs because Simbrief doesn't support that?

Marko,

If by support you mean that the flight plan download has the terminal procedure waypoints, it does support it.  For example, the route DAWGS8 SPA J14 JAXSN DCT DORRN CAVLR2 between KATL and KIAD does include the waypoints for both DAWGS8 and CAVLR2 in the flight plan download.  Please let me know if this isn't what you meant.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

@Sax, in my experience Simbrief does have route SIDs and STARs for small portion of routes. What I mean is that when I'm using it I usually find routes which doesn't offer SIDs and STARs at all. I am mostly flying European routes, but noticed recently that they are including it in more routes. But I know for sure that Simbrief has the possibility to validate the route where you previously manually entered SID and STAR.

@Mark thank you for your suggestion. Yes I do have a tablet and using it primarily for the checklists, but would like to use it as a remote CDU. So I'll look for it for sure.

@Mike, great idea for the hardware component for flight sim, but at the moment I'm so tight on budget that can't even think about it. Also space at home would be the real problem for that too. But I would like to have in the near future some yoke. 

@Vic, thanks for the great input. Just one or two questions if I may so, which software is Frictionality and what purpose does it serve? Also doesn't know a lot about AI Smooth?

@Sax, in my experience Simbrief does have route SIDs and STARs for small portion of routes. What I mean is that when I'm using it I usually find routes which doesn't offer SIDs and STARs at all. I am mostly flying European routes, but noticed recently that they are including it in more routes. But I know for sure that Simbrief has the possibility to validate the route where you previously manually entered SID and STAR.

@Mark thank you for your suggestion. Yes I do have a tablet and using it primarily for the checklists, but would like to use it as a remote CDU. So I'll look for it for sure.

@Mike, great idea for the hardware component for flight sim, but at the moment I'm so tight on budget that can't even think about it. Also space at home would be the real problem for that too. But I would like to have in the near future some yoke. 

@Vic, thanks for the great input. Just one or two questions if I may so, which software is Frictionality and what purpose does it serve? Also doesn't know a lot about AI Smooth?

Frictionality is a tool by FSPS which allows you to adjust the rolling friction in FSX for diffrent aircraft and save configurations for later use. FSX doesn't taxi very well due to the ground friction code. You can make adjustments for diffrent runway contamination,braking action, and a manageable single engine taxi. Found at most sim stores for not much. AI Smooth is a freeware by flyaway simulation that keeps your AI traffic separated from you so they don't cut you off. Another good freeware is Editvoicepak which allows you to change the default ATC to ICAO phraseology and speed up the speech rate giving default ATC a much more realistic and efficent sound. 

Vic green