Hello good folk,

Once again my Saitek yoke throttle levers have spiked yet again and, despite dismantling the pots, I'm no further forward in resolving the problem. The additional throttle quadrant next to it is fine ( a more recent addition last year).

Flightstore have no throttle quadrants in stock until November and so I'm wondering if a CH throttle set would work in combination with the existing yoke and pedals.

Just wondered if anyone uses this combination of controllers.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Regards,

Richard.

p.s. The spiking occured during a descent in a Majestic Q400. Power all over the place! Scary! :Raised Eyebrow:

I've used the reverse setup with no issues at all - a CH Yoke with Saitek throttles.  Of course, I'm not using any overly customized setups and I'm not using any of the manufacturer's controller software for anything. Chances are you'll be fine, but like I said... I don't have your exact combination.

Thanks for that Greg. I have a feeling it'll be alright although it leaves me with a bill £50.00 more than I'd hoped for! :wink:

Maybe the newish quadrant will get e-bay'd to compensate.

Appreciate your input.

Richard.

Richard,

I'm quite interested in figuring out what the issue is. I'm positive I can fix it. I will be more than happy to fix it for you free of charge if you would be willing to trust a fellow avsimmer. The part or parts if I were to fix all three axis, would probably be around $6.00us. I can turn it around in about 2 weeks. Feel free to PM me if you're interested. 

Sorry for late reply for the offer Bdreher. Much appreciated but things have moved on a little.

Since my last I thought I'd look into a DIY repair and in the process discovered there is an option using a trim pot available in the UK from a company called RS Components. The part is :- Bourns 3386W series Cermet Trimmer,10kohms, side adjust.

The dimensions are almost exactly the same as the originals, although slightly thicker (can be filed down)

The slot where the lever fits in is not quite so deep and , once again,careful filing is the answer.

The only caveat is having to move the pcb about and these wires are very thin. They can break at the solder so you have to be ready to re-solder them or secure their location with hot glue before too much bending around.

Tools are a slim crosshead screwdriver, hot glue gun, soldering iron and modeling files. Probably have to re calibrate once back on the sim. Allow about an hour for the work to be done. Each trim pot costs £1.47 delivered free once you open an account with RS Components. There may be alternative suppliers.

The fundimental problem is that a trim pot is only normally set to one position (tuning in audio equipment) and is not something that is subject to almost continual movement.

Regards,

Richard.

p.s. I'm not an electrician by trade, just prepared to save a few bob when I can.