Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

85" 4K Defective - Replacing With Three 75" 4K's

Hi Everyone,

Turns out the 85" 4K Samsung is defective, getting crackling sounds and every now and then a momentary pixel pops up. With that said, I liked the 4K look so much I just worked out a deal with HHGregg to replace the defective Samsung for three Samsung 75" 4K's (UN75JU6500FXZA).

Waiting on a delivery date, they are in a warehouse in Orlando.  Now to get to work on a new table to support these sets. This is, A. unexpected and B. very exciting... I wasn't thinking about adding additional exterior views at this time. I was a bit disappointed in the Optima EH200 projector dusk/night/dawn visuals, then overwhelmed by the 4K... Now I'll have three.

UPDATE: They Will Be Delivered Tomorrow.

I love this hobby.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

for three Samsung 75" 4K's (UN75JU6500FXZA).

Thats all, Just 3 Eh   :smile:     Soooooooo  Jealous right now.   Looking forward to more pics 

Just out of curiosity.  What made you choose the 3 TV's versus going with higher quality projectors on a curved screen, like a NatVis setup?

Tony

Hi Tony,

The three monitors come in at about ten grand and offer 4x's the resolution of the projector. The three cannons are over 15 grand, then we have the three projector mounts $350.00, then the wrap around screen, another 5 to 7 grand.

Price for three 4K sets at 75" each= about ten grand.

Price for three projectors, three mounts, wrap around screen= At least 20 grand.

Downside to the tv's, two bezels in the front corners of my view, downside to projectors additional cost and reduced resolution.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Ouch!  Well I can see why you went that route.

Geez, I thought you could easily come in around a 10K price point with reasonably good projectors and a screen.  Might have to rethink that idea a little  :blink: 

Tony

Hi Tony,

I just want you to know I did NOT use Natvis, I'm sure his/their capabilities with visuals are far superior to mine. I just couldn't justify the cost of flying Natvis to the states to set everything up, sorry Nat but that is money better spent on Flight Sim hardware/software.

Hey Mike, I figured.  I'm sure your setup will be pretty awesome.  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out and how it "feels".

Tony

I can't wait until you receive them and hook them up. I look forward to your video.

Hi Tony,

The three monitors come in at about ten grand and offer 4x's the resolution of the projector. The three cannons are over 15 grand, then we have the three projector mounts $350.00, then the wrap around screen, another 5 to 7 grand.

Price for three 4K sets at 75" each= about ten grand.

Price for three projectors, three mounts, wrap around screen= At least 20 grand.

Downside to the tv's, two bezels in the front corners of my view, downside to projectors additional cost and reduced resolution.

Hi Mike, looking at your profile page you obviously have a collection of system components that boggle my mind! I just curious though as to how all of it is all physically set up? If I'm not misunderstanding your specs, you have 5 cpus, 4 graphics cards, 4 motherboards and yet only 16 GB of Ram. Do you not currently use all of these components in your rigs, and how many physical rigs do you actually use at any one time?

Hope I'm not taking up too much of your time by asking this, but I'm just fascinated by your setup. I'm a guy who is dreaming about upgrading to a 30" or 32" main monitor!

Thanks Mike

Hi Paul,

I have no problem helping out fellow simmers.

Right now the setup is as follows.

1. Flight-Sim runs on three computers (cpus - 4790K's), with three additional to be added.

2. Graphic boards (Total video boards 7: 3-610's, 3-Titan X's Superclocked, 1-690

3. Ram Memory (each computer) 16GB @ 2400

Hope this helps, any other questions you may have... feel free to ask.

Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the quick reply.

Let me know if you ever get bored with this setup because I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands for you  :wink:

I live in Galway, which is on the West Coast of Ireland, so postage would be pretty steep. Unless you happen to be flying to Shannon or Dublin in the near future. If not, because I'm such a nice guy, I'd even be willing to pick up half the delivery costs! No need to thank me, that's just the type of guy I am  :Big Grin: .

Seriously though, I cannot imagine what simming on such a setup feels like on a purely immersive level- and you'd know, having the real thing to compare to! You say you're adding three more pc's- I can't imagine what for, but then I'd imagine that you're running a pretty complex simpit, so possibly they give you control over some of your hardware add-ons? Don't feel the need to answer, I'm already unable to process what it's like viewing and simming with a three by 75" inch 4K cockpit

If you ever put up any videos on youtube, please let me know, as I'd love to see it in action! 

Best of luck with the 75" Samsungs, and thanks again for such a prompt reply

Hi,

I have a video I put on Youtube that shows the three monitors in action. Keep in mind, I just installed these nothing has been tweaked yet.

Here is the link:

Wow....

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case