Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Prepar3d V3 Release date Wednesday 30th September

Don't see anything that is worth paying for since I never get a VAS

If you have never seen an OOM, then you are simply not trying hard enough. Increase your detail levels, scenery complexity, number of AI planes, weather effects etc. There is no way that anyone could run FSX or P3D with massive numbers of complex addons at the same time, and not suffer from an OOM.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So far, at least one FDM update :-)

Change low speed thrust limit on propeller in order to better blend the low and high speed thrust calculations

I know most of us won't notice but what does this actually mean in practice?

If you have never seen an OOM, then you are simply not trying hard enough. Increase your detail levels, scenery complexity, number of AI planes, weather effects etc. There is no way that anyone could run FSX or P3D with massive numbers of complex addons at the same time, and not suffer from an OOM.

+1

If it's one response I have grown really tired of hearing, it's this.

Remember (those of you "never" getting OOMs), there's a huge difference in both performance and VAS usage from people flying GA's around a single ORBX airport and people flying long-hauls in the PMDG 777 between two complex mega-airports. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Guest tymk

I know most of us won't notice but what does this actually mean in practice?

This refers to an issue which required excessive thrust to start moving (especially with light props), and then caused the plane to surge forward when it finally started moving. It's particularly noticeable with some of the more carefully modeled add-ons (A2A actually raised the issue with LM).

Tym

This refers to an issue which required excessive thrust to start moving (especially with light props), and then caused the plane to surge forward when it finally started moving. It's particularly noticeable with some of the more carefully modeled add-ons (A2A actually raised the issue with LM).

Brilliant!  I was hoping that's what it was.  That issue was highly annoying and again has been around forever.

I wonder what those new trees and other new features are going to do to VAS? Improve VAS management, sure then add neat new features that puts VAS to square 1. We can reduce the (sliders) number of swaying trees to 4 out of 4000 in a sq. mile....why bother having them at all?

From the Orbx forum..(JV)

There is no new Speedtree autogen in V3, the release adds support for the Speedtree SDK to allow developers to introduce new trees and grasses into scenery. It's far too early days at this stage for us to comment on how this will be implemented until we spend more time with the SDK.

If you're expecting trees and grasses swaying in the breeze worldwide, that isn't going to be the case.

LM has finally implemented Speedtree at my recommendation to them about two and a half years ago, it's something we've been wanting in a sim platform for a long time so we're pleased the support for is there now.

As to how we tackle any eventual upgrade to all our products to add Speedtree, that is a whole other story. You will likely see it introduced in newer projects, much like we introduced NatureFlow moving trees and grass from 1WA6 Fall City onwards, and then only selectively.

Finally, expect a FPS hit with Speedtree - you don't get millions of animated polygons in your FOV for free, that's dreaming

tpewpb-6.png

Guest tymk

Brilliant!  I was hoping that's what it was.  That issue was highly annoying and again has been around forever.

We'll see how it works out... :wink: I know A2A very carefully calibrated their thrust values to reflect real world physics for FSX, but it then got broken with some previous changes in P3D2. It's not clear whether the new fix restores the FSX values or introduces new, improved ones.

Tym

1, VAS Handling is incredible now! you won't believe it. I Tried a few scenarios that previously would produce an OOM but they didn't now.

If any of you haven't gotten an OOM, you aren't trying hard enough. This one feature alone is worth the update, IMO.

Who uses default ATC?

Let's not get into this discussion again. I already explained why in the general nonsense thread.

Someone on the beta testing forum asked if we are allowed to share screenshots and stuff yet and I've yet to see a reply from LM. If they give the go-ahead, I'll post a screenshot. I think it looks quite nice.

Thanks, though the fact that you think it looks nice is reassuring enough.

Some questions for beta-testers:

1. Is performance noticeably better in 3.0? Are more tasks multi-threaded now? The performance of 2.5 is still disappointing to me.

2. Do the HDR options allow you to reduce its range? My ideal settings would be no HDR, only bloom, but a reduced range would be fine as well.

3. Can the LOD radius be set to a higher setting now? In Rob's videos texture popping is still very much noticeable, and this continues to be my biggest immersion-breaker.

But if we are going to be that procedurally precise, why not just use VATSIM.

We are not procedurally precise, we are simply fitting in with the AI traffic and ATC requirements. AI traffic, ATC, and ATIS are the same program. Nothing worse than landing at the same time as another aircraft. VATSIM is online and unavailable to those with poor internet connection. It's not a cool argument to slate default ATC.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Sorry, came too late, but someone already answered :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Finally, expect a FPS hit with Speedtree - you don't get millions of animated polygons in your FOV for free, that's dreaming

That is my experience with speed trees in Trainz. Speed trees up, and FPS down. Can't see the value of speed trees for flight sims except really low altitude flying eye candy.  

+1

If it's one response I have grown really tired of hearing, it's this.

Remember (those of you "never" getting OOMs), there's a huge difference in both performance and VAS usage from people flying GA's around a single ORBX airport and people flying long-hauls in the PMDG 777 between two complex mega-airports. 

And you think if you load down V3 with add ons and take long flights it will be OOm free.... ?   Interesting, but probably not realistic. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's not a cool argument to slate default ATC

Everything default in P3D (or FSX) is slated.   We all fall over ourselves to replace any default aspect of the sim.  Aircraft, scenery, weather.  Why is ATC any exception?      It just doesn't work for me but we all see it differently I guess.

Haha, $60/$200 for some bug fixes and a couple of new features. :fool:

You guys must really dependent or ultra rich if you will pay that kind of money for a P3D 2.6.