Prepar3d V3 Release date Wednesday 30th September

Grumble....missed that...

Thanks, Jimmy

I will NOT BE UP,

...Belay the last!

Grrrrr

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Guest JustanotherPilot

My right index  finger hovered over the purchase button but then I hesitated, will my thousands of dollars worth of scenery and addon aircraft be compatible or do I just continue with P3Dv2 and FSX SE..... then  I weakened, what the heck  I tried to download, but LM's clock still says the 29th!. It's now 1pm local on the 30th in Australia or 8pm Tuesday 29th in LAX. Living on the other side of the dateline sometimes has it's disadvantages. Guess I'll have to wait until October 1st for my copy.

steve s

I'm downloading now. It's now 1pm local in Australia or 8pm Tuesday 29th in LAX.

Oh....then belay the belay the last!

Orders still stand.

BTW Lieutenant, while you wait, you might check out FSCubed, to back up your scenery files and migrate them to 3.0 , that will be all.

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Guest JustanotherPilot

Oh....then belay the belay the last!

Orders still stand.

Chas

Got that right, I jumped the gun on that one..turns out it was V2 shown in the basket - glad I checked. I guess the anticipation got to me.

Got that right, I jumped the gun on that one..turns out it was V2 shown in the basket - glad I checked. I guess the anticipation got to me.

Lieutenant you are a turkey!

… I am going to bed!

Belay the last belay the ...la...st...belay...oh heck I forget.

Chas

Guest JustanotherPilot

Lieutenant you are a turkey!

… I am going to bed!

Belay the last belay the ...la...st...belay...oh heck I forget.

Chas

I'll have to agree on that one.

turns out it was V2 shown in the basket - glad I checked. I guess the anticipation got to me.

Yet who knew that you would've been able to get a refund had you purchased?!

Sorry to keep dragging it back to this new avatar feature, but it's an interesting one for me.

I like the fact you can go first person and walk around your aircraft, I've wanted an easy solution for that for ages.

So my question is, and the usual apologies if it was already answered elsewhere, but;

Can you walk around your aircraft interior in avatar mode? if so, can you do so while in flight?

Thanks

Can you walk around your aircraft interior in avatar mode? if so, can you do so while in flight?

Such a feature would require that aircraft developers implement movement constraints for each interior model, so you don't walk through walls, seats, or through the fuselage and out into the air. 

so you don't walk through walls, seats, or through the fuselage and out into the air.

Like a sky-diver... or a smoke jumper. That might be kind of... uh ... educational. But, the training possibilities are endless. And that is what is exciting about P3d. Forgive the pun, but, 'the sky is the limit'.

Avatar is not connected to the aircraft. Technically you could fly an aircraft to an airport, park it, exit as an avatar, walk over to another aircraft parked at the airport, climb into it and fly away.

Ok, thanks. But er... technically you could do what you say you could but that would require all your (add-on) planes to be ready and available on the tarmac... which never is the case up to now. So I suppose in the sim this is not possible: you can simply walk around the plane you selected using the menu.

@Brandon

Thanks for the info.

I reported the shadow bug on the LM forums a while ago; I understand it's a little difficult as you're effectively having to render the shadow of a hidden object (exterior model) but don't want the performance hit of having to calculate it (and it's handled differently to FSX). Still there must be a solution, it's clearly broken and shouldn't just be left as is IMO.

Shame about the lack of a sun glare; unlike the shadow issue I really can't understand how this has escaped them. It's such an easy effect to get in (you could probably even buy it off the shelf!) and aside from adding greatly to the immersion is also rather important for realism and accurate training I'd have thought. I really don't understand the absence of things like this. Rain on the wind shield (not the ancient FS9 rendition...) is another one. The effect would have to be setup by third party devs for their a/c, but requires the coding, tools and shaders to be set up by LM (as they are now doing with the SpeedTree tech). Though more difficult than the sun glare, this effect (Train Sim version embedded for ref. at end of post) should be pretty easy to get working from a graphics programmer standpoint I imagine. I'm sure it must be present in a number of modern racing games too and thus shouldn't require a lot of R&D (rain running down the a/c skin would be another nice touch, though far less important).

I don't mind LM leaving certain things to third party devs, in particular aircraft and high detailed sceneries (which makes total sense to me), but I really think they should strive to increase the fidelity of the base sim across the board. We've seen some great stuff with the cockpit shadows, HDR, volumetric fog and 3D waves (and I'm really looking forward to the avatar mode) but there are some simple things, which would not be difficult to introduce and provide an instant 'win' that just seem to get ignored.

Rain on wind shield effect:

Could just be me, but the P3D entire website seems to be down at the moment.. just prior to release for the eastern usa..

EDIT:  12:54 eastern, back online and ready to download...!

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: