Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Prepar3d V3 Release date Wednesday 30th September

So fixing (acknowledged) existing bugs in current version makes it a NEW release (V3) and not SP or 2.6?

Amazing.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Fantastic news, will be picking up on the 30th for sure.  Looks like some nice improvements, and just plain happy to see they are continuing the development of the platform.

One good thing about a new version is that it can be installed right next to the old one.... Space providing, of course.

Therefore I won't reinstall... Unless it is required.

One good thing about a new version is that it can be installed right next to the old one.... Space providing, of course.

Therefore I won't reinstall... Unless it is required.

If you have room, a good way to keep flying while you test your add-ons with the new version.

Vic

Just one last word Vic before we become rivals on the greatest stage in the world, i knew you before you were famous

Yup! Anyone that drives a Fauxrari is OK in my book!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Well, reading the release notes it sure looks good and I will buy it but have to agree that JV was right! Looks more like a 2.X release. Well business is business and I figure if they had to charge V2 owners for it, they had to charge V2 owners for it. Love that there are SLI fixes but I will what and see if the anomalies are gone. I am off on vacation too, so unlike V2 I will not be purchasing on day one. Looking forward to reading all your first impressions when I get back from holiday :-)

Looking forward to reading all your first impressions when I get back from holiday :-)

There won't be enough hours in the day for that!

Those changes sound pretty good. I'm glad a transparent ATC window is finally in (does anyone have a screenshot of how it looks?), and the real-time reflections on objects as well as the SpeedTree integration sound exciting.

But I think I'm going to wait and see what later versions will bring. I don't agree with no upgrade price being present, as the changes aren't major enough for me to pay full-price again. But I can see how 3.0 is going to make a big difference for those who were struggling with VAS management and SLI.

Who uses default ATC?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Don't see anything that is worth paying for since I never get a VAS and have no problems with any of the other issues they mentioned.  I think I will just  stick with 2.5 which works fine. 

Agreed. Never had an OOM before, even with complex addons. Seems like it's more of a patch than an actual "big" update that we have to pay for. v2.5 works just fine for me. Maybe down the road I'll get it, but it doesn't seem worth it... unless I get a decent framerate improvement.

Why is everyone bouncing around this 200$ dollar figure - I am going to buy the 59.95$ version just like the one I all ready have - it shall be worth every penny from what I have heard

Rich Sennett

I am very grateful for this release.  2.6 for me was the crap if heavy addons are used (only good for short flights, not long flights due to vas management hell), though 2.2 was amazing.  Yes, I want to push the system hard, what is the point if I can't.

Regardless, the best part is development is moving forward, which is what we all want to see.  Haters will be always haters, the best thing in life is change, and p3dv3 is providing change from p3dv1, v2.x and now to 3.  Soon we all will have v4, etc.

Occulus Rift and other VR competitors will 100% change the way see flightsim, and V3 is being updated which increases the odds of success with VR (in 2016).

Aren't you glad that we will probably have new logo and transparent atc windows, lol.  For me the best part is VAS management.  I could care less, if it is 64 at this point.  If VAS is good, lets all party for now.  VAS has been plaguing all of us (whether you admit it or not).

Excellent times

Rob - you posted some excellent videos.  So we were all right in guessing that it was p3dv3 video when you had the spinning new p3d logo in your vids.  Thanks for dropping the clue early.

I totally feel like Christmas is here in Sep 30

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hard to understand why there is still whiners but I guess there will always some no matter what LM does or any dev. We complained for years of FSX issues, now we have a very active developer that continues to work on it with no slow down in sight, yet people complain. Just doesnt make sense. Be happy!  Flight simming future is bright!

Heck VAS improvement alone is worth considering as Scenery, and aircraft become more and more complex.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm glad a transparent ATC window is finally in (does anyone have a screenshot of how it looks?),

Someone on the beta testing forum asked if we are allowed to share screenshots and stuff yet and I've yet to see a reply from LM. If they give the go-ahead, I'll post a screenshot. I think it looks quite nice.

Brandon Filer

I'm not fascinated by the price increase.

Seems like they optimized 2.5 a little, added a few features (minor), and reduced VAS consumption.

$60/$200 for that? Hmm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |