Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Version 1.1 Released

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
CARENADO EMB505 PHENOM 300 FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1

Fixes:
- FLC and VS autopilot modes fixed (they were working fine in 2D)...
- ALT SEL mode in VC fixed (they were working fine in 2D)
- System fuel indication on MFD fixed.
- SPD SEL is not resetting to 85kts when you select it again.
- SPDBRK indication when is closed fixed.
- Text on the Speed reference indicator fixed.
- Fuel flow diagram fixed.
- Outside emergency exit indication fixed.
- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Too bad you're not on the boat this time, Bert.

I'll watch from shore.. :wink:

Bert

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)

CARENADO EMB505 PHENOM 300 FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1

Fixes:

- FLC and VS autopilot modes fixed (they were working fine in 2D)...

- ALT SEL mode in VC fixed (they were working fine in 2D)

- System fuel indication on MFD fixed.

- SPD SEL is not resetting to 85kts when you select it again.

- SPDBRK indication when is closed fixed.

- Text on the Speed reference indicator fixed.

- Fuel flow diagram fixed.

- Outside emergency exit indication fixed.

- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

What link? The Customer page doesn't show any update available, so do I just download the full package again to get v1.1?

** EDIT **

I found that you just download the full package from the Customer Page.

I noticed that the GCU 477 alphanumeric pad doesn't work when trying to enter or edit a flight plan. Is this correct, as I did see that the Manual stated that FP are entered via the FSX Flight Planner or via the MFD.  So if that is the case, what is the purpose of the GCU 477?  When the Navigraph update is released, will this change the use of the GCU 477?

Guest Mik75

What link? The Customer page doesn't show any update available, so do I just download the full package again to get v1.1?

** EDIT **

I found that you just download the full package from the Customer Page.

I noticed that the GCU 477 alphanumeric pad doesn't work when trying to enter or edit a flight plan. Is this correct, as I did see that the Manual stated that FP are entered via the FSX Flight Planner or via the MFD. So if that is the case, what is the purpose of the GCU 477? When the Navigraph update is released, will this change the use of the GCU 477?

For me, the alphanumeric pad works in 1.0. I haven't done the update to 1.1 yet, but I'll download and install the new version tonight.

The enter key (of the pad and the MFD) however, behaves very strangely. Sometimes, I am able to confirm and therefor enter a new waypoint into the flightplan, but most of the time, the enter key (in 2D or VC) doesn't work. Then, the only choice is to fly "direct to" or use a MSFS flightplan.

Actually I am quite disappointed, and I can't believe they released it with that many obvious flaws in the most simple and most important systems (A/P). But I'll probably buy the Navigraph upgrade once it is released. The G1000 isn't all bad and offers some nice features. Oh my...

Make sue you uninstall v1.0 before installing 1.1 otherwise it will leave the old gauges in place rather than overwrite them.

Just did a couple of short test flights, and the AP is working pretty well now. FLC is still a bit flaky when first engaged, but any subsequent SPD changes are handled ok, without porpoising. Much better than the Hawker actually, which you can only incrementally change. And in both FLC and VS modes it levelled off predictably. Haven't flown any approaches yet. Will wait for the Navigraph function. Fuel flow is a little higher than expected maybe, but and short hops and high cruise speeds it's hard to say. And it's a joy to hand fly, and I'm managing to grease it in, even on 3000' runways. A lot happier now than a couple of days ago...

Make sue you uninstall v1.0 before installing 1.1 otherwise it will leave the old gauges in place rather than overwrite them.

After messing with it, I was missing a step to use the alphanumeric pad. It does work fine now. Unfortunately, the documentation is poor at best.

I also noticed that the Static Objects doesn't include chocks as indicated in the description.  The pitot and engine covers are there, along with some two cones, but no chocks.  No a big deal, but thought I would share.

After messing with it, I was missing a step to use the alphanumeric pad. It does work fine now.

Good for you. How about sharing the missing step?

Dirk.

Well whats the verdict from those that have the update?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well whats the verdict from those that have the update?

I have very little time these days, anyway in my 15 minutes test today the aircarft leveled off correctly, which did not occur with 1.0. A/P and GPS features appear to work as expected, for what I've seen. Yet my test is far from conclusive.

Also, ALT SEL knob and all other knobs in the FMC, PFD, MFD and the pad are working fine here. The logic looks to me pretty much the same as in Flight1 King Air B200 and many other addons. All you have to do is to click just outside the knob, meaning slightly above or slightly below to increase or decrease respectively either by 1000s or by 100s. Find the clickspot with the mouse, then click above the knob to increase/decrease by 1000s or below the knob to increase/decrease by 100s. Scroll up or down with the mouse as usual to select the desired target altitude. Works fine here.

Yes, frame rates are lower than the Hawker, yet still acceptable, for what I've seen so far. Note. I loaded the aircraft directly without the Air Trike/Cessna trick. Maybe it actually helps, I can't say at the moment. As usual for me, full screen gave 6-7 FPS more than windowed mode, but I don't know how much this applies to others too.

That's all I can say so far.

Thanks, that is more than I have heard from anyone so far. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have very little time these days, anyway in my 15 minutes test today the aircarft leveled off correctly, which did not occur with 1.0. A/P and GPS features appear to work as expected, for what I've seen. Yet my test is far from conclusive.

Also, ALT SEL knob and all other knobs in the FMC, PFD, MFD and the pad are working fine here. The logic looks to me pretty much the same as in Flight1 King Air B200 and many other addons. All you have to do is to click just outside the knob, meaning slightly above or slightly below to increase or decrease respectively either by 1000s or by 100s. Find the clickspot with the mouse, then click above the knob to increase/decrease by 1000s or below the knob to increase/decrease by 100s. Scroll up or down with the mouse as usual to select the desired target altitude. Works fine here.

Yes, frame rates are lower than the Hawker, yet still acceptable, for what I've seen so far. Note. I loaded the aircraft directly without the Air Trike/Cessna trick. Maybe it actually helps, I can't say at the moment. As usual for me, full screen gave 6-7 FPS more than windowed mode, but I don't know how much this applies to others too.

That's all I can say so far.

That's a pretty good report for a Carenado.  Still, have to see how the Nav update does.  What is your framerate and how smooth is it for you at an ordinary airport?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That's a pretty good report for a Carenado.  Still, have to see how the Nav update does.  What is your framerate and how smooth is it for you at an ordinary airport?

I had about 15-20 FPS yesterday in PASI with 1.0 and about 15 FPS today flying for about 20 minutes over KFHR with the 1.1, but....

1. ASN was active in both cases with very bad weather and low visibility, which is known for not being an FPS friendly condition

2. I have a laptop, so I guess you and others can get more if using an high-performance desktop with OC

3. No preload trick

All in all, the aircraft appears to be flyable. If you're sitting on the fence, I suggest you to wait for the final version to be released and more competent reports to come out.

Obviously, don't expect an A2A level, but I am more optimistic after this release.

Oh, textures are nothing less than stunning. Carenado is actually #1 here. If only they had for the systems and the A/P in particular half of the attention to detail they put in design, they would compete with PMDG.