Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Version 1.1 Released

Good for you. How about sharing the missing step?

Dirk.

Not having used the G1000 before I was shooting in the dark a bit.  But the issue was I was only pressing the FP button and the area where you type the waypoint was all highlighted and flashing.  I had to turn the FMS knob once to get only the first character area flashing and then the alphanumeric keys worked fine.  So in a nut shell, pilot error.

Not having used the G1000 before I was shooting in the dark a bit.  But the issue was I was only pressing the FP button and the area where you type the waypoint was all highlighted and flashing.  I had to turn the FMS knob once to get only the first character area flashing and then the alphanumeric keys worked fine.  So in a nut shell, pilot error.

This is a "bug" technically, but hopefully it makes you feel good that your first inkling was correct.  In the real thing, you can highlight a field, and then start typing as you tried to do.  However, the functionality you're seeing pretty much the case with every G1000 implementation for FSX I've seen, including Flight1 (although haven't tried Mindstar). 

I was genuinely surprised by the success of SP1, but there is much more to be done with this add-on.  I think we should get together a comprehensive bug list ASAP to send to Carenado, in the event that they've decided to become more responsive to the community.  Please see the "Post-SP1 issues" thread I made in this subforum if you have anything to add.

David

I believe on the real unit, you push the small knob to turn on the cursor.

With the cursor active, you can use the keyboard to enter information.

Bert

I believe on the real unit, you push the small knob to turn on the cursor.

With the cursor active, you can use the keyboard to enter information.

Yes, that's correct. The procedure in the real world Garmin Prodigy FD 300 looks just the same as for the regular Garmin G1000. Push the knob to have the cursor blinking and activate the input through knob or keypad:

Dual FMS Knob – Flight Management System Knob.  When the FMS Key is pressed, this knob selects the

MFD page to be viewed.  The large knob selects a page group (MAP, WPT, AUX, NRST), while the small

knob selects a specific page within the page group.  Pressing the FMS Knob turns the selection cursor ON

and OFF.  When the cursor is ON, data may be entered in the applicable window by turning the small

and large knobs.  In this case, the large knob moves the cursor on the page, while the small knob selects

individual characters for the highlighted cursor location.

In the Flight1 King Air B200 you have to click on the center of the knob (simulating the finger push pressure) to have the cursor blinking and enter data into the MFD though the keypad.

Yes, that's correct. The procedure in the real world Garmin Prodigy FD 300 looks just the same as for the regular Garmin G1000. Push the knob to have the cursor blinking and activate the input through knob or keypad:

In the real G1000 or Prodigy, that should only be true if you're changing views via the main menu scheme (i.e. NAV - page 1, 2, 3, / AUX page - page 1, 2, etc. etc.) because the FMS knob is being used to navigate the groups and pages, therefore that extra step is required to actually enter the menu and change the function of the FMS knob.  However, if you open a view via a softkey (i.e. Direct-To menu, FPL menu), the cursor will already be on and flashing.  The steps required to fly Direct-To to a new fix are as follows: -Press the Direct-To key  -Type the name of the fix  -Press ENT twice.

In the Flight1 Mustang, this works correctly.

In the Carenado TBM, same problem..  Direct-To, need to move the little knob one step to activate the cursor, Type the name of the fix - Press ENT twice

Was reported back then, not fixed..

Little, but annoying things like this, is what led me to putting a GTN750 in the TBM cockpit.

Bert

Little, but annoying things like this, is what led me to putting a GTN750 in the TBM cockpit.

It's the little things that have stopped me from buying many of their airplanes.  If their graphics had as many holes as their systems did you wouldn't need windows.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

In the Flight1 Mustang, this works correctly.

Really??  Maybe I need to see if I have the latest version of the C510.  I have always had to turn the small knob once to use any of the keypad entry fields in that add-on.

Really??  Maybe I need to see if I have the latest version of the C510.  I have always had to turn the small knob once to use any of the keypad entry fields in that add-on.

Try the scenario mentioned above...  Direct-to,  Keypad entry, Enter, Enter

Bert

Does the 300 hand fly as well as the Duke? I think the Duke is the best flying plane I have had for FSX.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Guest Mik75

Does the 300 hand fly as well as the Duke? I think the Duke is the best flying plane I have had for FSX.

It may not be as true to the numbers as the Real Air is, but it feels very nice indeed. Handflying circuits and approaches in it, is really good fun and feels very believable.

Bernt Stolle is absolutely one of the best at making flight dynamics.  I would expect it would fly very close.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I saw someone else refer to Carenado just taking the AP from another aircraft, but it appears they did ghe same thing with the G1000. If you look at the settings page it actually says it is the Phenom 100. Very disappointed given that this is a payware company and they should spend some time at least eliminating the appearance of just duplicating gauges and still charging for a new aircraft.

If you look at the settings page it actually says it is the Phenom 100.

This image shows the Phenom 300.  On the Settings page, I see no Phenom 100 or 300.  In any case, I think it is a small point.  I do not understand why we are looking for the tiniest of issues.  As you can see the System is dated in July 2008 and the G1000 was copyrighted by Garmin in October 2002.  It's the same system whether it has Phenom 100 or 300.

2015-8-24_10-58-3-54.png

I flew the aircraft from KLAX to KSFO yesterday with MSE V2 California photoscenery and Ultra HighRes scenery for Los Angeles area and San Francisco areas.  Used FlightBeam's KSFO and FSDT's KLAX.  No ASN so nice clear weather.  LOD Radius at 6.5 and Texture Max Load at 4096.  FPS started around 12-17.  Turned off co-pilot's G1000 and got about 5 more fps.  Anything around 15 fps for me is very nice.  I do not like going into the single fps and I never saw that.  Got 30-40 fps in external views.  VC during cruise was around an average of 25 fps.  As everyone knows, you don't want to have too high fps or you'll see stuttering and other rendering problems.  FSX just cannot sustain high fps except in default aircraft.  I used the G1000 for flight planning and had no problems whatsoever with going to altitude and descending to the runway.  I was disappointed I had only one option for landing.... ILS 28R.  Anyway, fun stuff!  I may try a flight with ASN but that will bring fps down even more depending on conditions at departure and arrival. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I put in the GTN750 and have been flying all over Europe in P3D. I keep my P3D locked at 20 and really only look at smoothness and even with ASN in high cloud coverage, I have good steady and smooth operation.  It looks good and it flies good. A few minor picky points but overall, it's a keeper.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors