Sign in to follow this  
MD11Flyer

NGX in P3Dv3?

surprised no one beat me to this. Prepar3D v3 was announced today, released in just two days. As the PMDG 737NGX is about the only addon aircraft I use, and I'm building a home cockpit around it, I was wondering if our V2-2.5 licences would be valid for v3? I am interested in upgrading, but not willing to purchase the NGX for a third time. Cheers

Krikor

surprised no one beat me to this. Prepar3D v3 was announced today, released in just two days. As the PMDG 737NGX is about the only addon aircraft I use, and I'm building a home cockpit around it, I was wondering if our V2-2.5 licences would be valid for v3? I am interested in upgrading, but not willing to purchase the NGX for a third time. Cheers

Krikor

yes RSR promised upgrades even up to 64bit P3D - so good for a while yet

-rcladin

Good! Would like confirmation from a PMDG staff (it says v2.0-2.5 on the website) to be sure, but in that case I will likely upgrade!

First off, as far as upgrade discounts, here is what LM has to say:

I have Prepar3D v1/v2, do I get an upgrade or a discount for Prepar3D v3?

If you have purchased Prepar3D v1/v2 within 60 days of your purchase, per the refund policy, you can request a refund and then purchase the desired license of Prepar3D v3. There are no exchanges, upgrades, or discounts available.

As for PMDG's policies, yes let's wait to hear what they have to say after P3D V2 rolls out. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'm not going to rush into P3Dv3.  I read the updates carefully and it is mostly a bug-fixed report with nothing substantial in the way of functionality except the avatar Hahahah! I'm not going to spend $200 bucks to see a little man get out the the airplane and walk around. That's really funny. One item caught my attention, improved memory management to reduce VAS use and spikes.  That might be worthwhile if it is signficant but if it's a marginal improvement it will not be worth two hundred bucks from me....

Looking forward to reading the forums over the next couple weeks to see what the scuttlebutt really is.

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG (Robert) has already stated some time ago they will support V3 and your current V2.x license is good for V3 ... I don't have the thread link.  As far as I know the NDA is now lifted from V3 so we're free to discuss V3. 

Cheers, Rob.

One item caught my attention, improved memory management to reduce VAS use and spikes.

It's significant ... you can still OOM but you have to work at it MUCH MUCH harder, but I'm sure some will find a way ... performance has improved also and updates are now much easier.

Cheers, Rob.

PMDG (Robert) has already stated some time ago they will support V3 and your current V2.x license is good for V3 ... I don't have the thread link.  As far as I know the NDA is now lifted from V3 so we're free to discuss V3. 

Cheers, Rob.

It's significant ... you can still OOM but you have to work at it MUCH MUCH harder, but I'm sure some will find a way ... performance has improved also and updates are now much easier.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I don't mean to nitpick, but exactly how would a V1/V2 lincese be good for V3?  Are you referring to further aircraft made by PMDG will be backwards comparable?

Give it time for OOMs, I'm sure there will be folks who will break it. lol

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Search is your friend ;)

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/?p=3173088

This topic has come up several times.

I don't mean to nitpick, but exactly how would a V1/V2 lincese be good for V3?

The OP's question was about V2.x PMDG license good for V3.  Sounds like you're asking about LM's P3D V1/v2 and v3 license which is not really a PMDG question, hence why I didn't answer it.  This is the PMDG forum.

LM V3 license info is here: http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2015/09/113061/ but I'd recommend you start a new thread in the P3D forum if you feel that info needs clarification.

Cheers, Rob.

Gents-

I addressed this in a pinned post above, sometime after the OP in this thread asked the question- but I'll answer here too just for simplicity:

All existing PMDG products for P3D are compatible with v3 pending updates to the installers that are due on Tue/Wed.  (We will tell you when.)

The license compatibility information will be updated at that time to cover v2.x-v3.x.  You need do nothing as far as your license is concerned.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

I addressed this in a pinned post above, sometime after the OP in this thread asked the question- but I'll answer here too just for simplicity:

All existing PMDG products for P3D are compatible with v3 pending updates to the installers that are due on Tue/Wed.  (We will tell you when.)

The license compatibility information will be updated at that time to cover v2.x-v3.x.  You need do nothing as far as your license is concerned.

The license compatibility information will be updated at that time to cover v2.x-v3.x. You need do nothing as

Sir - thank you. While not a commercial client (but one that has spent over $200 on your products), I appreciate the level of communication and professionalism (but perhaps not the sardonic forum moderator) that PMDG provides its customers.