Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

MCE and PFE?

I was contemplating trying Pro Flight Emulator Delux, as an alternative to RC4, but have a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have experience of using PFE with MCE voice commands. Does it use the same phraseology as with RC4, e.g.when requesting and acknowledging.

2. Can the MCE FO take over COMMS the same as William and Lorna can do with RC4?

Any advice from those using PFE with MCE would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Apologies for 'bumping' this topic, but doesn't anyone have any experience using MCE voice interaction with Pro Flight Emulator (PFE), and can advise on whether it works as well as RC4?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Apologies for 'bumping' this topic, but doesn't anyone have any experience using MCE voice interaction with Pro Flight Emulator (PFE), and can advise on whether it works as well as RC4?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

It will probably take time for potential users to chime in as the usual ones are on RC4.

However, I can answer a few questions.

No, until we get some of our co-plots recording PFE stuff, you cannot have FO handle ATC with PFE unless you don't mind an intruder.

Interfacing is on a par with what we did for RC4. Flexible verbiage. 

You need to be familiar with PFE though. Since it doesn't use a menu system like RC4, you'd have to remember which key combos to use for which request etc...

Hopefully actual users will contribute to this thread.

Gerald, thanks for your comments.

I did think that FO would not be able to handle the COMMS, but PFE does seem to have some nifty ATC bits which RC4 doesn't, plus better variety of ATC voices.

Thought I might give it a try, but before spending some dosh, would hope that someone with experience in its use could give me some feedback.

Thanks again,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

I'm in the process of getting it to work...or trying to do so, anyway

If you're flying alone, MCE and PFE work nicely together. Just set the PFE pilot's voice to "None", VC mode to "0" and handle ATC yourself.

If you're flying with a FO, things are not so good, at least not at the moment. As Gerald mentioned, your FO will have two different voices; one from MCE, and one from PFE. Not nice, but I'm hoping FS++ will make a voice set for PFE in the near future.

Then there's a problem with PFE's FO, namely that there's no way to handle ATC yourself and then hand over ATC to him, as RC does very nicely. That's because if you'd like to use the FO, you'll have to select a voice for him in PFE. But you can't set the PILOT'S voice to none, like in RC. The result is that you'll ALWAYS be hearing him speak to traffic controllers. Meaning: You'll contact ATC, then HE'LL contact ATC again, and then ATC will respond. To get around that, I'm experimenting with VoxKey (which is installed with MCE) to be able to give ATC commands to the FO, such as "Please request clearance" or "Please request taxi". The idea is for VoxKey to then press the appropriate key combination and the FO will then contact ATC. Haven't got it to run yet, though. Plus there are limits to this idea, like asking for a different runway won't work, unless I program all 36 runway headings, plus their L, C and R variations...not thank you!

DImitri

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else