Sign in to follow this  
Derpinson

Nose gear wheel not lining up with parking line

Hey, this is just really irritating me, and I just want to know if it is a bug or not. I have GSX, and the marshaller tells me to go past the line indicating to stop, and tells me to keep going. The line just goes past the 2nd entry door of the 777. I am using HD Airport Graphics by zintek, and this also happens with default scenery. I just want to know if this is a known bug or if this is something wrong with only for me. 

I searched through the forums and didn't find anyone with a similar problem. 

Just a note, this happens at every airport, even at heavy gates. The gate I am now is a heavy gate. 

QspxarX.jpgdA1U6Vy.jpgkiyREN8.jpg

The reason for this is nothing to do with the T7, so it's not a fault of PMDG.

I'll try to explain this as simply as possible.

When using GSX it reads from the underlying AFCAD for the parking spot that your entering. What typically happens is that the parking lines on the AFCAD (which are invisible in aftermarket sceneries) don't line up with the parking lines that are drawn in the parking spot of the scenery, it will end up sometimes that your parked to the side of the lines.

When the developer designs the parking spots graphically by drawing the physical lines on the tarmac then uses a program like ADEX to actually program where the parking spots are, if the developer doesn't line up the AFCAD lines with the physically drawn lines, then this is the result.

If your so inclined you can fix it yourself by downloading ADEX from ScruffyDuck (it's free), then using the default trike, launch FSX and go to the parking spot you want to fix. Then minimize FSX and start ADEX. Once ADEX is open, using the menu, open the airport by BGL and select the AFCAD for the scenery where you are. Then on the top right of ADEX you'll see an option to both Connect To FSX and Lock to Position. Select both options. Then you will need to un-minimize FSX by go into windowed mode and have both FSX and ADEX windows both open in view.

Next you will Slew to the parking spot you want to line up. You'll see the cross hairs of the trike moving in ADEX as you Slew around. Once to the parking space line up the cross hairs of the trike to match the lines of the parking spot in FSX. Then you can use the mouse cursor to physically align the parking space in ADEX to line up with the cross hairs in FSX.

Once your dine with all your parking spaces you will used ADEX recompile the AFCAD and save it to your desktop with the same name as the original AFCAD.

Then quit ADEX and FSX and go into the scenery folder of the airport you just worked with and find the original AFCAD. Make a backup of that AFCAD and then move the new AFCAD you made to that location and overwrite it with the new one.

You can then start FSX and trying taxing to the parking space and see if the plane lines up better with the parking line.

It's a lot of work, especially if you have this issue with a lot of airports, but now you know how to fix it. Some developers are better than others at minimizing this, but it varies from developer to developer.

As a full disclosure, I am on the GSX beta team and that is how I learned about this issue and how to fix it.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The reason for this is nothing to do with the T7, so it's not a fault of PMDG.

I'll try to explain this as simply as possible.

When using GSX it reads from the underlying AFCAD for the parking spot that your entering. What typically happens is that the parking lines on the AFCAD (which are invisible in aftermarket sceneries) don't line up with the parking lines that are drawn in the parking spot of the scenery, it will end up sometimes that your parked to the side of the lines.

When the developer designs the parking spots graphically by drawing the physical lines on the tarmac then uses a program like ADEX to actually program where the parking spots are, if the developer doesn't line up the AFCAD lines with the physically drawn lines, then this is the result.

If your so inclined you can fix it yourself by downloading ADEX from ScruffyDuck (it's free), then using the default trike, launch FSX and go to the parking spot you want to fix. Then minimize FSX and start ADEX. Once ADEX is open, using the menu, open the airport by BGL and select the AFCAD for the scenery where you are. Then on the top right of ADEX you'll see an option to both Connect To FSX and Lock to Position. Select both options. Then you will need to un-minimize FSX by go into windowed mode and have both FSX and ADEX windows both open in view.

Next you will Slew to the parking spot you want to line up. You'll see the cross hairs of the trike moving in ADEX as you Slew around. Once to the parking space line up the cross hairs of the trike to match the lines of the parking spot in FSX. Then you can use the mouse cursor to physically align the parking space in ADEX to line up with the cross hairs in FSX.

Once your dine with all your parking spaces you will used ADEX recompile the AFCAD and save it to your desktop with the same name as the original AFCAD.

Then quit ADEX and FSX and go into the scenery folder of the airport you just worked with and find the original AFCAD. Make a backup of that AFCAD and then move the new AFCAD you made to that location and overwrite it with the new one.

You can then start FSX and trying taxing to the parking space and see if the plane lines up better with the parking line.

It's a lot of work, especially if you have this issue with a lot of airports, but now you know how to fix it. Some developers are better than others at minimizing this, but it varies from developer to developer.

As a full disclosure, I am on the GSX beta team and that is how I learned about this issue and how to fix it.

Sean Campbell

Thank you for answering, and thank you for the solution. I will try this solution to most of the airports that I normally fly to. I really appreciate your help.

You're welcome.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sean, thanks for the tip. I now can set all my favorite gates to take the 777 and start on the correct "T" mark.