Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[28SEP15] Prepar3D v3 Approach Clearance!

More specifically, our testing seems to conclude that data accumulation in VAS related to scenery being seen or over-flown is no longer a factor for simmers using Prepar3D.

That is one major statement I have been longing to hear..

Thanks for the update Robert cannot wait to do some longhaul flights..

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am really looking forward to testing the improved VAS management on my PC. As someone who likes to fly "low and slow" in complex payware planes over detailed scenery with sliders set to maximum and UT2 AI airliners @ 100%, it will be interesting to see just how robust the new system is. Significantly improved VAS management was always more of a holy grail for me than 64bit or DX12.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Robert, I am glad to here this news from you. It helps cut through all the BS that tends to boil over when something like this is released. I have been shutting the sim down and reloading on long hauls, which I loath, too many OOM's or low frame rates on approach. I hope this will solve the VAS issues. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Robert,

I am pleasantly pleased to hear the news. This definitely helps with VAS management.

Now I also noticed P3DV3 has an avatar feature and camera feature that can be attached to the model.

1. With the camera feature, can this have any possible improved performance on the camera view of 777W ?

2. With the avatar option, I am thinking of walking through the immigration, brief my multi-player avatar staff and crew, walk through the jetway into 777 aircraft, do a walkaround (make use of the wing light to better see in the darkness), walk back into the flight deck and get on with the flight .....

I am already excited with the possibilities lolzz 

---- "Oh No... VAS limit reaching really fast .............again" (kidding)

Bilal Asif Khan

Any idea what frames were like during your testing?

Hopefully v3 can take full advantage of my 970

95% items in changelog are (FIX) why we have pay for repairs?

Good point!

+1

B)

Today: Google releases Android Marshmallow, New Nexus devices etc

Tomorrow: Prepar3D V3, Mac OSX El Captain

Thursday: PMDG 747 v2 ?

2015-09-29:    X-Plane 10.40 now available B) 

If V3 performs as advertised with the VAS, goodbye FSX and V2.5. I was plagued with OOMs with flying the 737 in V2.5. I can fully understand the detail that goes into PMDG's aircraft and having a sim that could not unload old data was a show stopper.

Just need a P3D version of the Jetstream 41 before I can switch...

I'm all in for the J41 !!!!!

• Upvote 1

In order to avoid this thread devolving into some sort argument about pricing policy for other developers, please avoid the commentary about their pricing policy. If you'd like to comment on that, please take it to their forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, do you know if the folder structure changed in P3D v3? Or is it similar to v2.5?

Philipp Schwaegerl

Kyle, do you know if the folder structure changed in P3D v3? Or is it similar to v2.5?

I believe the underlying structure is the same, but there's a new folder that dispenses with the 2x filename and goes with 3, I believe.

Kyle Rodgers

Any news on the installers? :)

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Any news on the installers? :)

Read the pinned post below this one - dated 30SEP

David Porrett

A question here: since LM recommends the third party addons to be installed outside the core LM folders will the new PMDG installer be compliant with that? Or are we sticking to the 2.5 format??