Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

Jetways in fsx

Hello,

I have a question regarding the jetways in fsx.

I have tried to operate these before without any luck.

Recently i got gsx (fantastic addon), and after landing in EKCH, gsx said something like "remember to operate the jetway", so i would like to ask if anyone knows how to do that?

Cheers,

Kim.

so i would like to ask if anyone knows how to do that?

ctrl j if you haven't changed key assignments. If you have had trouble in the past you have to park your a/c, set  parking brake. If the jet way isn't moving, slew closer to the yellow guide lines on the pavement & try ctrl j again.

Hello,

I have a question regarding the jetways in fsx.

I have tried to operate these before without any luck.

Recently i got gsx (fantastic addon), and after landing in EKCH, gsx said something like "remember to operate the jetway", so i would like to ask if anyone knows how to do that?

Cheers,

Kim.

CTRL-J, Note some addon scenery uses static, or non standard ( ie: Aerosoft AES) type jetways, so if you are at any of those airports, that command won't work. It will work on all default FSX airports with jetways, most freeware AFCAD type scenery, and many but not all payware, especially Aerosoft airports, which uses their own AES method.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

So how do the jetways work with Aerosoft airports if you don't have AES?  I've bought several lately and can't get the jetways to budge, which is a pain because GSX then tries to use stairs which pass through the jetway structure.

Please don't tell me you have to have AES to get the jetways to work - I wouldn't have bought the airports if I'd known that...

ngxu_banner.png

Unfortunately yes. You must have AES for most of the aerosoft sceneries out there. Very dissapointing, I know. 

If you think about AS Munich, don't do it. Very outdated, no working Jetways and FS9 coded. Wait for the Taxi2Gate Verson of EDDM, they will do an outstanding work, I promise. ;)

But let me know what sceneries you have. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

As soon as I saw this post I realised why I can't get the Aerosoft jetways to work!  Damn, never occured to me payware sceneries wouldn't have working jetways.

ngxu_banner.png

If you want great working sceneries with jetways and all stuff, just have a look for FlightBeam, FSDreamteam, Taxi2Gate, FlyTampa. 

I know that aerosoft (SimWings) Mallorca X Evolution, Ibiza X Evolution and La Palma does have a great visual and working jetways too. 

Philipp Schwaegerl