Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

Does anyone out there have a sense if V3 will help those of us who suffer from stutters and microstutters?

I noticed at least one line item in the change log that mentioned something being off-loaded from the CPU to the GPU so every little bit helps. I seem to gather that any stuttering is from core 0 trying to synchronize everything.

On the subject of AA, is there any improvement in v3?  I am having a heck of a time with shimmering at 3rd party addons such as orbx airports and Flightbeam KDEN.  I'm currently running 4xSGSSA and 4xMSAA in v2.5 and its really distracting. 

I'm nearly sure i seen it wrote somewhere that there was an improvement but for the life of me i cant find it now (maybe i'm wrong)   

On the subject of AA, is there any improvement in v3?  I am having a heck of a time with shimmering at 3rd party addons such as orbx airports and Flightbeam KDEN.  I'm currently running 4xSGSSA and 4xMSAA in v2.5 and its really distracting. 

Im wondering this also.

Im wondering this also.

Not likely, otherwise Rob would not be using 4X sparse grid through NI.

Ryan

Rob,

Thanks for the video.Looking forward to more!  From the video, it seems that the issue with tessellated water clipping wake effects is still present. Its been mentioned that P3D licenses sundog software's water but their demos show rotorwash and wakes without clipping. 

Curious to know if you have any insight why this is a challenge to fix or if its something the end user can accomplish through the sundog sdk?

Isn't it crazy? Until a few days ago, anyone (up to 2 or 3 people, including me) were complaining they can't fly anymore in 2.5 without OOMs and telling they would be more than happy if only this single issue could be resolved in Prepar3d3. Now it seems to have been resolved (given this is true), but folks are complaining there's nothing new in Prepar3d3.

Kind regards, Michael

+1

Did you ever see or use Flight? That FS version from MS featured SpeedTrees.

Ah, yes.  I do remember Flight and they looked pretty good if I recall.  Thanks.

Tony

On the subject of AA, is there any improvement in v3?

I don't believe AA can be any better, it's the DX11 API and shader model combined with the types of view distances and texture LODs you see in Flight Sims ... fortunately NI provides us with access to setting SGSS AA 4X (but I'd recommend using SGSS AA only with an SLI setup as it's very prone to induce stutters and hard on the GPU) ... SGSS AA does respond well to GPU OC.

Curious to know if you have any insight why this is a challenge to fix or if its something the end user can accomplish through the sundog sdk?

I have no insight, from what I've seen of Triton (Sundog) it can handle wake effects be it high or low wind conditions ... if I were to hazard a guess I'd say performance and compatibility is the issue, but I really don't know.  I'll pose the question.

Cheers, Rob.

Not likely, otherwise Rob would not be using 4X sparse grid through NI.

Good point. I missed that in the description.

Just let them. ;) They should stick with the perfect and bugfree FSX, if they are not happy about the gamechanger LM offers. Some people will never be happy.

All the v3 features are great for me.

From all what PMDG, Rob and other Testers, P3Dv3 must be a great sim for us. Who needs a x64 Version, if the 32 Bit can handle the VAS good?!

How can it be a "game changer" when you have to comply with very specific requisites (which I'm sure you all do....) to be even legally allowed to buy it...? The vast majority has no option than to stick with "buggy" FSX, or also with X-Plane....

I don't believe AA can be any better, it's the DX11 API and shader model combined with the types of view distances and texture LODs you see in Flight Sims ... fortunately NI provides us with access to setting SGSS AA 4X (but I'd recommend using SGSS AA only with an SLI setup as it's very prone to induce stutters and hard on the GPU) ... SGSS AA does respond well to GPU OC.

That's a slight disappointment.   I use NI with SGSS AA 4X with my 780ti and I'm still seeing significant shimmering.  4x DSR fixed this in Win 7, but DSR no longer works for me in Win 10, even with latest Win 10 nvidia drivers.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

I use 4 SGSS and i'm happy-ish,  if i want to completely get rid of shimmering (99%)  i use 8 SGSS.   

If I can fly long haul flights in my pmdg 777

With my addons and at resonable settings

And land without an OOM

I will be happy as a pig in mud

Good thing I'm still a student, so it's a bit more affordable for me. 

As for P3D in general, V3 will be the first version of the sim I will buy. From the patchnotes(changelogs?) it seems like they fixed a lot and the general performance is good now which is quite significant for me. 

Also, I'm super sucker for gimmicky features like the avatar mode. I just can't express enough how much it will add to my immersion :)

So all-in-all, I am pretty hyped.