Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

I got permission from LM to post videos/info last Friday the 25th (got busy so that didn't happen), but I'll provide a quick video of V3 here at what I consider to be extreme graphics settings using some very heavy VAS/FPS hitters: 

Region is Orbx NA NorCal, Airport is FlightBeam's KSFO HD, graphics settings are at the end of the video ... it is recorded in 4K and is using NI for 4X SGSS AA.  Hardware is 5960X with two Titan X's in SLI performance mode.

Any questions about installers and/or version compatibility with exiting 3rd party products should be directed towards the appropriate vendors for information (see PINNED topic here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/475537-installing-3d-party-software-into-updated-versions-of-p3d/).  

Orbx have been kind enough to invite me to their Beta team so I have "some" of the tools and information to help me use one or two of their products in V3 (missing one or two items but mostly there) ... sorry no Orbx Beta Products, just existing released products.

Virtuali is already V3 compatible as are some of the other vendors they support ... again all V3 compatibility/installer questions should go to the appropriate vendors.

I'll provide answers as best I can to any specific P3D V3 question.  

Pricing information has already been provided so I encourage you to visit: http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2015/09/113061/

Cheers, Rob.

Hello Rob;

Many Thanks for yet another great video!

How is the VAS management in V3? In the product updates it says that it has been improved. Can you confirm?

Also, Im assuming that the OOM's errors will still be present?

Many Thanks.

In my testing VAS improvement was around 800MB to 1GB (measure over flight distance) ... if I had tried to do that same video in V2.5 with those same add-ons and settings, I would OOM within 1-2 minutes.  

I'm sure someone will figure out how to make it OOM, but they'll have to work at it.

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry for asking this, but does have someone tested the P3D v3 with EZDOK / EZCA? I really looking forward for the new version, but I can't / don't want to fly without EZDOK. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Rob, cpuldnt see in the vid, have rotor wash effects on the tesselated water been fixed please? Previously they were flat planar effects masked in part by the animated water, but clearly it is possible from vids of triton in action o overcome this? Thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks a lot Rob, really looking forward to tomorrow. 

Can you say anything about the file structure, i.e. will we be able to test V3 with scenery and/or aircraft installed in V2?

Hans

Very good, thanks for posting 

Thanks a lot Rob, really looking forward to tomorrow. 

Im not,  it will take 4 days to download it with everyone pulling from the server lol 

I'm sure someone will figure out how to make it OOM, but they'll have to work at it.

... and THAT single quote from Rob, given all the other negative hype and hoo-haa being bandied about in other threads, is worth the admission price alone!!!!

Stellar stuff Rob. :Applause:

Isn't it crazy? Until a few days ago, anyone (up to 2 or 3 people, including me) were complaining they can't fly anymore in 2.5 without OOMs and telling they would be more than happy if only this single issue could be resolved in Prepar3d3. Now it seems to have been resolved (given this is true), but folks are complaining there's nothing new in Prepar3d3.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

sn't it crazy? Until a few days ago, anyone (up to 2 or 3 people, including me) were complaining they can't fly anymore in 2.5 without OOMs and telling they would be more than happy if only this single issue could be resolved in Prepar3d3. Now it seems to have been resolved (given this is true), but folks are complaining there's nothing new in Prepar3d3.

+1

Its hilarious.

Also, some people tend to only see what they want to. I've just looked at the list of fixes and enhancements on the P3D website - and it is quite extensive, not all of which is geared towards casual users.

Isn't it crazy? Until a few days ago, anyone (up to 2 or 3 people, including me) were complaining they can't fly anymore in 2.5 without OOMs and telling they would be more than happy if only this single issue could be resolved in Prepar3d3. Now it seems to have been resolved (given this is true), but folks are complaining there's nothing new in Prepar3d3.

Kind regards, Michael

Agreed there, Michael!

I'm kinda mesmerized about it... I think it's well worth the price - alone for the improved VAS management! 

It somehow bugs me, that so many are so narrow-sighted, and keep whining... It's quite a huge improvement to the core of the sim as far as I can see... Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow! 

Thanks Rob, for the video :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just let them. ;) They should stick with the perfect and bugfree FSX, if they are not happy about the gamechanger LM offers. Some people will never be happy. 

All the v3 features are great for me. 

From all what PMDG, Rob and other Testers, P3Dv3 must be a great sim for us. Who needs a x64 Version, if the 32 Bit can handle the VAS good?!

Philipp Schwaegerl

Agreed with Michael 

Any update at all is fantastic,  it shows our Sim is been actively worked on.  Theirs loads in there for everyone  

I got permission from LM to post videos/info last Friday the 25th (got busy so that didn't happen), but I'll provide a quick video of V3 here at what I consider to be extreme graphics settings using some very heavy VAS/FPS hitters

Hi Rob,

I suppose you're also version 2.5.

How did you create two profiles for P3D in Nvidia Inspector?

Thank you