Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

Hi Rob,

Prepar4D has already answered that we are not able to increase the LOD values in V3, however they hinted to keep a watch on their forums. Since the VAS usage is clearly handled exceptionally well in V3, do you know if there are any plans to allow us to increase the LOD range?

This is really noticed in the mountain areas, where the closer mountains appear a bit blurry in V 2.5 and below...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Indeed.

There are no doubt arguments for a 64 bit version, and one day it will come. However, the prospect having to spend another not 200 $ but 2000+ $ on upgraded addons and having to wait for them to made compatible for years is all but fascinating in my eyes.

The transparent ATC window (yes, I confess using default ATC) and the Avatar mode are two improvments I am really looking forward. The ORBX Bob guy rarely behaved the way I asked him.

The only aspect I dislike so far is the LOD obviously still being limited.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am also looking forward to the avatar. Will there be documentstion as to what its limitations are? Or will this be dependent on the design of the local scenery?

This is really noticed in the mountain areas, where the closer mountains appear a bit blurry in V 2.5 and below...

Rob's video clearly shows textures loading nearby (almost underneath) the aircraft on flat terrain already so in that regard there doesn't seem to be any improvements. In FSX my biggest annoyance was popping autogen: P3D v2 solved that sufficiently. In P3D v2 my biggest annoyance is late texture loading... I was hoping the new VAS system would give us access to higher LOD settings but apparently not. Not yet, at least. Lets not forget that a few of the nicest improvements in v3 only came with later versions (like cloud shadows).

Water still looks worse than in FSX + REX....

Fly at night  :smile:

Now it seems to have been resolved (given this is true), but folks are complaining there's nothing new in Prepar3d3.

+1

The VAS improvement alone is worth the cost, IMO!

+1

The VAS improvement alone is worth the cost, IMO!

A VAS improvement is worth the price of an entire game incl development?

Isn't it crazy? Until a few days ago, anyone (up to 2 or 3 people, including me) were complaining they can't fly anymore in 2.5 without OOMs and telling they would be more than happy if only this single issue could be resolved in Prepar3d3. Now it seems to have been resolved (given this is true), but folks are complaining there's nothing new in Prepar3d3.

Kind regards, Michael

Oh it's worse than that. They cry for L-M to update the software, and then cry when expected to pay for it, as if they should get everything for free.

I'm one of the beta testers and v3 is definitely not a v2.6 despite what some think. The exact details on why this is true I can't state without permission... but when it's released, the install itself will show a radical change alone.

It's not a game.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It's worth the cost to me, I couldn't fly near NYC in my a2a Comanche without OOM, and my settings aren't even full-right slider.

It's not a game.

Laugh Out Load  :smile:

Seriously, it's not a game. It's a professional product designed for commercial use. Like AutoCAD is a professional product designed for commercial use. I think AutoCAD's currently running over $4000 per license... so... is $200 so crazy? Seriously???

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Seriously, it's not a game. It's a professional product designed for commercial use

Oh i agree, i was laughing at your sense of humor 

VAS savings are impressive. Even 200-400MB would make game-changing difference at some 3rd party airports such as UK2000 EGLL with full AI, but here Rob is claiming almost 1GB. That's almost 50% increase over free VAS capacity at default 2.5 settings (assuming F22 at Langley)

Rob,

One quick question - did they fix popcorn clouds?

but when it's released, the install itself will show a radical change alone

Now you've got me interested... 

As far as VAS is concerned: I never had those anymore after the first updates of v2, but of course that really depends on your kind of flying. For me VAS is no reason to upgrade but when it comes to preventing OOMs but it seems to me that a lower VAS would/could also help performance...?