Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

...or you could keep it and have a good old whinge on this forum :smile:

I go with this one. V3 isn't out and people moaning around already. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Some people simply view their glasses as half empty all day, every day. The flightsim world seems to attract them like mosquitos to a PAPI light.

LM have timed the release of v3 perfectly. Now I will have even more to talk about with other flight simmers at the Cosford 2015 flightsim show this Saturday B)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I will try it like I did the other versions and if it shows improvement in fps and vas than it is is a keeper. 

Most of you are paying 200, don't they have the academic version anymore?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Most of you are paying 200, don't they have the academic version anymore?

Most of us should indeed be paying 200 but they still have the academic license (not version) for Undergraduate and K-12 students. 

Some people simply view their glasses as half empty all day, every day. The flightsim world seems to attract them like mosquitos to a PAPI light.

People have a right to their opinions. The flight sim community spends hundreds if not thousands of dollars on add-ons and software to make their experience a little better. At $200 a pop, features like the one's that were just announced are unacceptable (in my personal opinion). Like many here have said, this is a money grab, nothing more, nothing less. Also, comparing customers to mosquitoes is unfair. It's comments like these that leave a bad taste in people's mouths when they hear the word AVSIM.

• Upvote 1

So bobsk8 is out, squishy...well is obviously out.

Lol, squishy is always out. Judging from his post history, there's not much that makes this chap very happy.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

features like the one's that were just announced are unacceptable

Unacceptable? LOL. What exactly are the features that you expected? What would have been worth $200 to you? (You are not allowed to say 64 bit or DX12.  It is strictly forbidden)

Have you actually seen the list of fixes and improvements ? Have you also realised that many of the V3 improvements are to SimDirector which is a core feature of the the platform for real world training institutions - the actual purpose of P3D

Here's things I know regarding v3:

1 - It seriously changes the way addons get installed/added to the core sim.

2 - It streamlines the process.

3 - It eliminates the need to reinstall addons when you update the core sim.

4 - It eliminates the need to reinstall addons when you move to a new version (if the addon is designed correctly for v3 and beyond).

All of the above is on the addon developer to embrace and take advantage of and I'd seriously recommend they do so.

Of course... none of that's worth paying for, right?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

We all know, back from FS98 times, that "recommended" settings mean "those settings that make game enjoyable at very basis" level. "Minimal" means the "environment where user is able to run "exe" file :-)

I'm well aware of that... but it was just laid out as, P3D v3 wouldn't launch unless you had 4+ GB of video memory... 

I know, that minimum and recommended values should be not be considered lightly... :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Unacceptable? LOL. What exactly are the features that you expected? What would have been worth $200 to you?

Have you actually seen the list of fixes and improvements ? Have you also realised that many of the V3 improvements are to SimDirector which is a core feature of the the platform for real world training institutions - the actual purpose of P3D

I absolutely have seen the improvements, but I don't think they justify bumping the platform up to a 3.0 release and charging individual users $200 for it. I also realize that P3D isn't a "game", but comparing it to modern games that take advantage of the amazing hardware we as users have access to these days is night and day. Any new game development takes years to complete. Some companies spending millions of dollars to make these games see the light of day and the most you'll pay is $60 tops. Lockheed Martin could have done better with this release. At the very least it should have been a 2.6 iteration. This "update" should have been free, that's my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely have seen the improvements, but I don't think they justify bumping the platform up to a 3.0 release and charging individual users $200 for it. I also realize that P3D isn't a "game", but comparing it to modern games that take advantage of the amazing hardware we as users have access to these days is night and day. Any new game development takes years to complete. Some companies spending millions of dollars to make these games see the light of day and the most you'll pay is $60 tops. Lockheed Martin could have done better with this release. At the very least it should have been a 2.6 iteration. This "update" should have been free, that's my opinion.

How is your ultra-cheap, ultra-efficient, awesome flightsim platform coming along?

absolutely have seen the improvements, but I don't think they justify bumping the platform up to a 3.0 release and charging individual users $200 for it. I also realize that P3D isn't a "game", but comparing it to modern games that take advantage of the amazing hardware we as users have access to these days is night and day. Any new game development takes years to complete. Some companies spending millions of dollars to make these games see the light of day and the most you'll pay is $60 tops. Lockheed Martin could have done better with this release. At the very least it should have been a 2.6 iteration. This "update" should have been free, that's my opinion.

Ok. But you still haven't said what you would have found 'acceptable' for a $200 charge. To be fair, I realise that not everyone has $200 to spare and that's understandable.  But I disagree with your comment, that LM could have done a 'better' job on this.  What does that mean??

Additionally - this is the hobby we have chosen. It's like that ring in Lord of the Rings. It is our precious and we just cant resist it.  I'm sure tomorrow you'll be weak at the knees and frothing at the mouth while you tap in your sixteen uniquely arranged digits.....

How is your ultra-cheap, ultra-efficient, awesome flightsim platform coming along?

I'm sorry but I don't understand your comment.

Ok.  But you still haven't said what you would have found 'acceptable' for a $200 charge

For $200 I would accept a completely revamped SIM running at 64bit, utilizing modern GPU's as much as possible. 

• Upvote 1

:smile:

I'm looking forward to it anyway,  loooooads in there to make everyone happy,   60 Euors is nothing.  200 Euros is a very cheap weekend away,  difference is, after your cheap weekend away, you have nothing to show for it