Sign in to follow this  
acra24

P3D V3 compatibility question.

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, but will your products be compatible with the latest V3 of P3D, which is due for release tomorrow?  Perhaps it's a case of waiting to see whether they run or otherwise but since I don't fly without FS2Crew I just thought I'd ask, in case.

Thanks

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

I don't have P3D V3 yet obviously, but it should just be a matter of updating the Installers and some of the Config Managers so they can locate where P3D is installed.

I suspect V3 will use new registry info.

Cheers,

Thanks Bryan.  I am reading, on other forums that some scenery add-ons are not compatible yet so I think I'll hold fast for a while.

Andrew

Hi all,

I have to confirm that I am not able to Enable Fs2Crew for T7 and 737.

Installation was no problem if changing the directory manually, but enabling the Crew is not possible. "Sim not found" :)

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

I did some testing today. The problem is that the paths used in the panel.cfg are relative paths which are relative to the Prepar3d home directory. This doesn't work anymore for whatever reason. If you change the paths to full paths including the drive letter and the Prepar3d home directory, then the gauges load. I'm just doing a 777 flight with FS2Crew. Works fine so far, only problem seems to be the "Runway entry procedure" flow. This always crashes my Prepar3d. If I skip it, then everything works fine. Hope this helps...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I did some testing today. The problem is that the paths used in the panel.cfg are relative paths which are relative to the Prepar3d home directory. This doesn't work anymore for whatever reason. If you change the paths to full paths including the drive letter and the Prepar3d home directory, then the gauges load. I'm just doing a 777 flight with FS2Crew. Works fine so far, only problem seems to be the "Runway entry procedure" flow. This always crashes my Prepar3d. If I skip it, then everything works fine. Hope this helps...

Thanks for solving it for me.... try the runway entry procedure at a different airport.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

I just tested it at default EDDF. Same thing. After triggering the Runway Entry Procedure the FO says "Clear on the approach" then starts to flick some switches. After flicking a couple of switches P3D crashes...

Regards,

Carlo

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi Bryan,

I just tested it at default EDDF. Same thing. After triggering the Runway Entry Procedure the FO says "Clear on the approach" then starts to flick some switches. After flicking a couple of switches P3D crashes...

Regards,

Carlo

Try again, but turn off the VSD Option.

I'm thinking the VSD on the FO's side might be causing this when the FO turns it on during his runway entry flow.

The VSD has historically caused some problems I recall with the NGX, especially if using multi player.

That's why we give you the option to not have the FO turn it on.

Hi Bryan,

there is no VSD in the PMDG 777, or am I mistaken? So this is not an option to fix the problem. Regardless of the airport, FS2Crew for the 777 crashes in Prepar3d v3 when triggering the Runway Entry Procedure...

Best regards,

Carlo

You're right.

Looking at the code, I'm guessing there's an issue with Squawkox and P3D V3 somehow... maybe.

Because, for on-line ATC clients, FS2Crew sends a command to the pilot client during the runway entry flow.

Guess that command is not playing with with V3.... maybe.

In the meantime, just do the flow by yourself and skip over the runway entry procedure.

Anyone else experience the same issue?

I'm not even getting as far as anyone else here. I installed FS2Crew 777 to v3 but when I start the configorator to enable it I get the message that it appears the PMDG 777 is not installed which it definitely is. I can enable NGX Reboot but I can't make anything happen past there. Even if I set up all the buttons as I did in 2.5 nothing happens. I don't really understand what to do with Carlo's explanation about the panel.cfg path. That may be the solution to get me going.

Edit: It's amazing how fast you can figure something out right after you ask the question though it did take me a day and a half. I seem to have Reboot working but am having issues with P3d crashing shortly after I press the main button on the 777.

Double Edit: It appears on the 777 each time I tried to enable it the program would put an additional set of gauges in the panel.cfg so there were multiple instances of FS2Crew running. It SEEMS to be working now. Now for an actual flight.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Please do not try installing FS2Crew into V3 yet.

Please wait for the official update.

Also, if you messed with the panel.cfg file(s), you're going to have problems with the Update.

I suggest restoring your panel.cfg to its original (clean) condition.

We hope to have the V3 installers ready soon.

Best,