Sign in to follow this  
him225

I successfully modified control center area/name/frequency!

Sorry if this has been already found but I had been looking for a way to correct the default airspace control centers of my region. I found that it had to do with the bvcf.bgl file which need to be modified but there was very little information on this and nobody reported to have done it satisfactorily. I tried to do it myself using the bgl2xml tool and recompiling it with bglcomp in the sdk. Although the process went without errors the resulting file with little to no changes the size difference was huge. Testing with the modified bgl although I got the changes to my region reflected I found many other airspaces messed up with control centers from far away regions appearing in wrong places.

Then I came across a post on p3d development forum about there being a problem in the decompiling process with the polar coordinates. After further looking into the decompiled file I made following three changes to the bvcf.xml:

replaced all-

"180 00.000" with "179 59.999"

"90 00.000" with "89 59.999"

"60.000" with "59.999"

and recompiling again, voila! I got a bgl file of same size as the original. I tested in the sim again and this time everything worked perfectly.

So anybody looking to modify this file, you need to do the three changes before compile.

Forgive my initial excitement, upon doing another flight I still found misplaced center names enroute my flight path. Strange that when I load up the locations directly the centers show up correctly.

Moderators may delete the topic.

http://flightsimscenery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/uk-airspace-project-updates.html?m=1

I have done something very similar and had the same problem I think. I recall I solved it by converting the co-ords to pure decimal.. (I may be misremembering but my final recompiled center bgl works fine) Good luck! K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks for the link. I will give decimal coordinates a try. Do you have a tool to batch convert coordinates in the xml file?

I faced problem something similar to what Nigel French reported in comments on that page. Going to the locations directly the centers appeared fine but during cruise at the changeover for some reason a center from nearby region that shouldn't have come at all stuck the entire way to the destination in the atc window. Interestingly that center had same frequency as the one I modified to.

After further testing I can confirm that it was the common frequency that was causing the problem. The centers do not touch each other but both have boundaries with the center I start to move from. Perhaps all centers surrounding a center need to have unique frequencies for atc changeover to work properly.