Sign in to follow this  
kosull.88

PMDG 777 300 L Engine Bleed Fail

Hi all,

I have been having an on going problem with the 773.    After I start the engines and go to taxi only the right engine is applying thrust.   The left engine appears to have properly started and is showing that I am signaling for thrust but it wont apply any.   I noticed that the left engine bleed button is signaled to be ON but illuminated OFF in amber.     After reading the manuals I only found that two things could cause this.   Either I pushed the button to OFF or a system fault.    I have tried the start up several different times, following the published procedures, and still not luck fixing it.   

Can anyone tell me what the manuals could mean by system fault? 

I don't understand why from cold and dark, following the procedure, this would continually happen.

--Kevin

Full names in the PMDG forums please Kevin.

Confusing problem statement:  You start engines, left engine does not apply thrust? What is the left engine indicating when you advance the throttle (N1, N2, FF)? Is it indicating that is spools up or not? Is it indicating a normal ground idle?  Your discussion of the bleed system is a tangent that might be important but first lets establish what the engine indications are.

Dan Downs KCRP

It stays at ground idle.   I don't have it up right now so I don't have the exact value but somewhere in the low 20s I believe.   The N1 indicator shows that I am advancing the throttle but the engine remains at idle.   I have had this problem several times.    I re started fsx and it loaded with the engines running as they should be.   when I have more time will try to do a full shut down and see if I can do a full restart.  I also had been loading the default panel states and maybe there was an issue there.  

thanks for the quick reply

I don't understand why from cold and dark, following the procedure, this would continually happen.

Such a fault could be persistent, especially If you have service based failures enabled. So it could happen every time you load, regardless of panel state. Go to the CDU failures menu and see if any failures are reported. If there are faults clear them and your problem should go away. If not I'd recommend you open a support ticket with PMDG. As for exactly what bleed fault has been programmed into the simulation, only PMDG can tell you that.

As Dan said full names are required here, first name only is not enough, for every post. Posts can get removed without warning if you don't.  Put it in your forum signature and you'll never forget.

ki9cAAb.jpg