Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

Who is using WOAI

HI all,

Who of you is using WOAI ? It works fine for me but on some airpots i just don't see the planes - only their lights - PLease advise.

Thanks Marek

LOWW

Works fine for me.  Try turning off aircraft casts shadows on the ground in your settings.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Is it in the general setting ? But how can it be that it works on most of the airports and in London Heathrow and Paris De Gaulle it doesnt.

I am using WOAI in both P3D V2 and FSX-SE, very successfully. However, I got a program called Ai Flight Planner that converts the old WOAI FS9 flight plans into FSX format so that they work properly. As much as you can, search for FSX repaints of airliners. It makes a difference. Some of the models have FSX lightmaps, which also work better.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Works fine for me. Try turning off aircraft casts shadows on the ground in your settings.

That's the correct answer.

I am using WOAI in both P3D V2 and FSX-SE, very successfully. However, I got a program called Ai Flight Planner that converts the old WOAI FS9 flight plans into FSX format so that they work properly. As much as you can, search for FSX repaints of airliners. It makes a difference. Some of the models have FSX lightmaps, which also work better.

Lee

The AI not displaying when ground shadows are checked is a different issue and not related to converting the AI flight plans from FS9 format to FSX format.

Is it in the general setting ? But how can it be that it works on most of the airports and in London Heathrow and Paris De Gaulle it doesnt.

It has to do with the WOAI packages using FS9 AI models. Read the quote below from Umberto at FSDT to understand why.

If FS9 models are used as AI in FSX, the WHOLE model (not just the shadow) will not display, UNLESS the "Airplane Cast Shadows on Ground" option is turned off.

But this is only valid for sceneries that use custom runway textures + default runway lights using a specific command that dates FS8. This is NOT the case at KDFW, which uses fully custom runway lights, so it's not affected by this. Only older sceneries are, and require to turn Airplane shadows off, in order to see FS9 AI.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I stopped using WOAI, too many compromises for my taste. No aircraft ground shadows in some airports was the deal breaker. Nothing bugs me more than seeing a parked aircraft with no shadows, what is the point of spending all this time and money for immersion only to have to turn of shadows, no thanks. 

what is the point of spending all this time and money for immersion only to have to turn off shadows, no thanks. 

Spent almost ZERO time and ZERO.ZERO money on all of my WOAI packages!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Almost Zero time? That's impossible. WOAI is awesome, but it does take a lot of work to install, update, tweak, etc....

I'm not talking about the AI traffic, I am talking about FSX!

i have an issue with WOAI in P3d though - its about the flight plan. i put a 1 in the cfg file

ShowLabelFlightPlan=1

however it turns automatically to 0 after i put it in

The "aircraft ground shadow" issue can be fixed (at least in FSXMS) by installing Bojote's shader fixes.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days