Sign in to follow this  
flyingpogo22

Will Prepar3d v3 hit oom if...

Hi,

I am wondering if you activate all megasceneryearth states in prepar3d v3, and fly with pmdg 737, will you hit oom?

I can't activate more than a few states per flight on prepar3d v2.5 or I will hit oom.

Brian

Brian Pogorek

I have been reading a lot about LOD being limited. My concern- or question- , is if LM improved VAS by force-decreasing LOD (?)  Not an expert on this, but it sounds to me like that's what they did.

From the P3Dv3 change log...

- Optimized texture unloading during loads

- Unused terrain detail textures no longer loaded

- Overall shader optimizations for increased performance

- Optimized particle system by better utilizing GPU and system resources by reducing CPU side work, supporting indirect draw calls, and improving sorting algorithms

For better or worse, LOD hasn't been changed.

regards, Craig.

I have been reading a lot about LOD being limited. My concern- or question- , is if LM improved VAS by force-decreasing LOD (?)  Not an expert on this, but it sounds to me like that's what they did.

No that is not what they did. The LOD limitation is about memory requirements with things like tessellation, etc. It requires more memory and it's an exponential requirement. They are reviewing it and seeing if there's something they can do to support greater LOD.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I see. Thank you for explaining.

Now, do we need to purchase the Professional License (is it a must), or is the Academic Version  all we need?

I see. Thank you for explaining.

Now, do we need to purchase the Professional License (is it a must), or is the Academic Version  all we need?

Fixed your post for you.