Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

Does P3D 3 = P3D 2.6?

Philip, can you point to where I said my opinion was the only one?

Think you picked that up wrong 

Why do so many people around here have to start moaning about P3D v3 without having used it? It's not even released. This is so ridicolous. Have you guys ever thought about how a development team and beta testers who have put in a lot of effort into P3D v3 feel when people start to complain without having seen the final product? This is really a joke. Just shut up and don't buy if you don't like it (without having seen the product yet)...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I don't know what all the fuss is by the naysayers. This product has a 60 day money back satisfaction guarantee.

Tomorrow you can buy it then you have 60 days to evaluate it. If you are not satisfied for any reason at all you can get

a full refund. Under those conditions it seems to me to be highly irrational to be critical rather than open minded about

something you have not even experienced yet!  :smile:

I'm really surprised by the response to my post.

I'd like to apologise to you all, for upsetting you.  Sorry.  I didn't mean it.

All I thought was: this looks like a really minor upgrade, and I'm ###### off that I have to pay full whack for it.

But it seems that expressing that view is offensive.  Sorry again.

Paul Skol

just checked pricing.in the Uk it will cost me £39.50.that is peanuts for the amount of hours and pleasure I will get from it.

literally hundreds of hours of entertainment for such a small amount is fantastic .yet people still moan,do these people realise how lucky we are to even have a flight simulator at all.not so long ago all we had was MSFlight.

steve

Paul its not offensive to post an opinion,it's just that yours is ill informed.go to the P3D  website and check the list of fixes and improvements  and also the new additions and come back and tell me it's 2.6.it's a whole new ballgame.

Sorry, but if you really think it's v2.6... you simply have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There are sooo many changes to Prepar3D v3 that aren't simply on a list of 'things';. Many of them you'd not even care to learn about, but they're there and they make a major difference in the product in many ways.

The bug list isn't the only thing that was changed about the product... it's just the only thing about the product's changes you understand.

Agreed. Even though I bashed it a bit before, it does have quite a few new and cool features and I could see why we would have to buy it again. Still, 2.5 works just fine for me the way it is.

Paul you do have the right to your opinion, if you don't want to buy it, then don't buy it, simple, I'm not offended in the least, if there are folks who are upset they will just have to get over it, period. I'm one of the one's that will probably buy it

check the list of fixes and improvements and also the new additions and come back and tell me it's 2.6.it's a whole new ballgame

Better yet, how about people actually try it first. Oh, and get this: if you don't like it, get your money back. Try that with a lot of software...

just checked pricing.in the Uk it will cost me £39.50.that is peanuts for the amount of hours and pleasure I will get from it.

+1 Steve.... and that equates to about four rounds of drinks in my local Pub. Sort of puts it into perspective doesn't it.

To all of you who will not be upgrading.......Please don't tell us and more to the point dot tell us before you even try it of at least read some reviews from those who have tried it. WE do not care if you buy it or not. No one cares!! I even ask my wife and cat and neither of them care Go Away Please!!!!! Yes Paul that means you. Go back to Xplane

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I don't believe you need to apologize. We all have our opinions and there's not one person here with whom we all agreed... with what he/she said-  not one.

So, you have your opinion just as anyone else. Others might not agree; but, just as you have YOUR opinion, so do others have the option to use less offensive or none-offensive words when addressing your post.

I believe you are not the only one who feels this way in a  few things. I believe the sim community are more (way more) interested in a 64bit simulation along with all the benefits LM currently offers.

I personally have been with  FSX-DX10, over $3,000 of add-ons,  well over $15,000 in hardware and my 4th computer built (I-7 6700K and EVGA 980), Sweet FX, Nvidia Inspector, Major ORBX line of products, Shockwave lights, A strong and Robust CFG, a/c shadows, and every major add-on you can think of.

How does it looks and performs? I can honestly tell you, it is extremely difficult for me to move to another sim, with the graphics, performance, and eye-candy I'm enjoying with FSX-DX10. I tried (tried very hard), to move to P3D around 2.5, but even though the clouds and lighting looked different, VAS just completely killed my experience, and did not continue. Today, I'm sure P3D has made massive improvements; but, I feel I am still not ready to make the move. And, big part of this is due to the massive amount of addons that are perfectly working on my FSX-DX10.  I feel that P3D will continue to make improvements, and I'm sure not too from now, we will have a 64bit version.

Enjoy ! 

Spot on Dave.it's not even a night out in the pub anymore.I'm no expert though{stopped 8yrs ago}when you think of the amount of hours you get out of it,plus regular updates,it really is very little.

Sam take it easy this is not a personal attack on you.he expressed an opinion that's all.i'm not offended or upset ..now if his hand came out of my monitor and punched me on the nose that would be different :smile: 

steve

All I thought was: this looks like a really minor upgrade, and I'm ###### that I have to pay full whack for it.

A (hopefully ) bit more measured response...  Paul I think one of the reasons you received the reaction you did was because this topic has been pretty well beaten to death in at least two other lengthy threads on the new release and one of those got contentious enough to warrant a threat of closure.  Seeing it yet again as a main thread topic just feels like dead-horse beating for those of us who've been following the release information since it first popped up.  Check out these threads and you'll see a lot more discussion as to why so many feel this absolutely warrants major release status.  In particular, the fact that testers have so far been unable to coax an OOM out of it is enough to get most people pretty excited.

BTW, as others note you absolutely do not have to pay for it if you feel it's a minor release and not worth it so there really isn't anything to be ######'ed about.  :-).

Scott

Relax Sam.

This is a public forum; it's not your forum. Therefore, everyone is entitled to their opinion. if you read something that you don't agree with, you can stop reading it and turn to another page. Easy!

Your comments are only inviting to    Lock This Topic !