Sign in to follow this  
flying engineer

Windows 10/FSX Gold with Acceleration pack/MCE problem

Has anyone had success in using MCE after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro?

MCE was running fairly well under Windows 7 Pro with version 2.6.5.4.

Now I can't get any success in getting past the warning about the FSinsider.dll.

"Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

Close program"

FS++ crew has sent me a number of different FSinsider.dll files to try.

2.6.5.44, 2.6.5.45 the latest but still no luck.

Just wondering if anyone can jump in here and give these guys some help in what must be one hell of a job to try and keep up with all the changes coming down.

Ed Brown Osoyoos BC Canada

70 views and no replies?

Here is the entire content of the warnings that I am getting when trying to start FSX:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program(add-on):

Name: FSinsider

Version: 2.6.5.4      (also the same with versions 2.6.5.44 & 2.6.5.45 sent to me by FS++)

Company: FS++ Limited

File: fsinsider.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?"

Choose "Yes"

FSX fails to start and the following messages appear:

"To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable it's ability to start when running Flight Simulator.

For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:/www.fsinsider.com"

"A fatal error has occurred. Windows is checking for a solution"

" Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Close program"

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

FS++ has been very helpful in trying to clear this up but no luck so far.

Edwin Brown Osoyoos BC Canada

Ed,

I have WIN10 Pro and MCE works partially. The copilot thinks I am already airborne while I'm on the ground, or that my engines are not started when ready for takeoff. The only thing I can get him to do is to work some dials, i.e. speed, heading, radios, etc., and I have no interface with the ground crew (AES/GSX).

I learned a couple of days ago that on my system FSX is more stable with "Preview DirectX 10" checked, for whatever that's worth.

Hope we can figure out MCE with WIN10.

Gus White

UAL1063

Ed,

I have WIN10 Pro and MCE works partially. The copilot thinks I am already airborne while I'm on the ground, or that my engines are not started when ready for takeoff. 

Gus White

UAL1063

That usually happens when Windows UAC is enabled (it is by default) and you forget to set "fsx.exe" or "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

Until you do that, MCE won't be able to communicate with the sim as expected. Can't read items status etc...

Gus,

Thanks for getting in here.

At least you can get FSX and MCE combo up and running under Windows 10.

No such luck for me -- so far.

Gerald,

Ben has been helping me by sending me different fsinsider.dll files to try -- to no avail unfortunately.

Have had UAC off from day one.

Always have any program startup as Administrator.

Dx10 Preview on with Steve's fixer.

Here is the latest instruction from Ben:

To confirm dll isn’t loading, open “fsInsider.ini” (not the dll) and change “Debug=0” to “Debug=1”, then save the file

If fsInsider.dl loads, when FSX crashes, you should see a “fsInsider.log” file in same folder.

This trial does not create the fsInsider.log as expected.

FSX shuts down with the same series of warnings that have come up every time.

Have also completely disabled Eset Nod32 virus protection program prior to any trials, just in case the Exclusions I have set up are not working.

Gus,

Thanks for getting in here.

At least you can get FSX and MCE combo up and running under Windows 10.

No such luck for me -- so far.

Gerald,

Ben has been helping me by sending me different fsinsider.dll files to try -- to no avail unfortunately.

Have had UAC off from day one.

Always have any program startup as Administrator.

Dx10 Preview on with Steve's fixer.

Here is the latest instruction from Ben:

To confirm dll isn’t loading, open “fsInsider.ini” (not the dll) and change “Debug=0” to “Debug=1”, then save the file

If fsInsider.dl loads, when FSX crashes, you should see a “fsInsider.log” file in same folder.

This trial does not create the fsInsider.log as expected.

FSX shuts down with the same series of warnings that have come up every time.

Have also completely disabled Eset Nod32 virus protection program prior to any trials, just in case the Exclusions I have set up are not working.

Now that you mentioned Steve DX10 fixer which we don't have, please try the following.

Start FSX without fsInsider.dll

Switch to DX9 mode

Restart the sim and see if it makes a difference with regards loading fsInsider.dll

If you are able to re-install NOD32 if necessary, suggest you completely un-install it and even google "NOD32 removal tool" if there is such athing for that AV.

Remove it completely and try again.

Not sure when you installed it, my understanding, you upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 ( not clean install), and it's usually not a good idea to go ahead with the upgrade while third party anti-virus, anti-malware is still installed. You could face all sorts of weird things happening, be it with firewalls or other things.

Not saying it is the issue, but it's worth mentioning.

FS++,

Amazing how it works when set up correctly ... UAC off and running MCE and FSX in Admin mode. Thanks for the reminder! Works great now. Jim/Brian/Stewart are back and commanding AES!!

Gus White

UAL1063

Gus,

Good for you. Nice to be flying rather than seeking/tweaking.

Gerald,

FSX runs better than ever in either DX10 or 9 as long as there is no fsInsider.dll in the FSX folder.

Uninstalled Eset Nod32 as you suggested.

Restarted computer.

Ben had sent me two Windows 10 fsInsider.dll files to try. One was not optimized the other was optimized.

Sorry to say that trying either file in DX9 or DX10 works.

Get the same series of warnings and no FSX start up.

Seriously thinking of doing a complete reformat of both my main C drive and the SSD dedicated drive for FSX.

Does mean starting all over again with a clean install of Windows 10 and then FSX.

Not looking forward to this but if that is all that's left to try then so be it.

Could also go back to Windows 7 Pro but seeing that others have MCE working in Windows 10 pro leads me to believe that there must be a solution to fix my problem.

Edwin

Finally did do a complete clean install of Windows 10 Pro, FSX and MCE version 2.6.5.4.

Happy to report that I'm back up simming as opposed to tinkering.

Thanks to all for the help.

Edwin

Edwin,

Just got the same problem as you yesterday, after an FSX ctd.

Tried all the things suggested in this thread, but still no joy.

I also have an upgraded Windows10 Home from Windows7.

How did you manage to reinstall/repair Windows10?

Does that not loose all registry entries of installed software?

Cheers

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Stuart,

Yes, all registry entries were lost.

Guess you know what I've been doing since Oct 16th.

So far so good on all the reinstall of FTX ORBX etc etc.

Sad to say that MCE has gone strange again but too busy for that problem right now.

Ed.

Ed,

After a lot of googling similar problems, I found an older post from Pete Dowson forum which is worth reading in case the same or similar issue happens again. Look halfway down the topic (posts 17/1/2013).

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/73502-fsuipc-access-violation/?hl=%2Baccess+%2Bviolation

In my case I did find a similar entry in the registry, relating to fsinsider.dll, which after deleting all was working again.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I have a brand new high spec PC with Windows 7 pro 64.

No installed Fsx. So a native Windows PC.

I recently installed P3d.

Installed MCE and RC4 and looked forward to my first flight with my crew!

MCE would not load.

fsinsider would not load.

After much grinding and nashing of teeth, the culprit was found.

The Simconnect folder was intact in the P3d install. It had not been executed and therefore installed in the sim. As a result, MCE's fsinsider would not load.

So, if anyone has installed P3d in a new PC/Operating system. You will find that Simconnect has not been installed (executed from the p3d folder) and no amount of fiddling about will allow fsinsider to load.

So there is my twopenneth, hope it helps anyone with a brand new PC and all new installs of P3d.

Locate the Simconnect folder in the sim and run the executable.

Regards

David

Hello, guys,

I think my post is right here, if not, switch it to another place.

MCE worked well under Win 10 until the last big update of win 10. Then it was quite confused or didn't answer any more. There have been no other changes of software. I can't be bothered to search for the cause of the loss or to reinstall everything on my pc. I am using Acronis and every few days I make a backup of the whole system. So, if FSX or Add-ons or other programs begin to go insane, I just play back the whole system with all software of the day of the backup and everything works fine again. Since I am doing so, I save many, many hours of frustratiing searching for gooney software-mistakes. I want to simulate flying not simulate software-mistakes-solving.

Its only a tip for those, who don't want to waste their time with tinkering in their software.

Regards

Werner