Sign in to follow this  
simdown42

X Plane 182 HD G1000 MFD Problems

Hi

I am having trouble with the MFD in the new Carenado 182 G1000 v 1.2 for X Plane. Half the buttons don't appear to function and flight planning is a nightmare. I have installed the required data base and when I click on flight plan a huge list of airports appears in a list which the clear button doesn't remove. The G1000 PDF with the aircraft appears to be identical to the one included with the FSX version of the same aircraft which is not much help. In my opinion a dedicated X Plane G1000 PDF would have been nice. Has anyone else bought this yet? 

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Cheers

simdown42 

I don't have Xplane or the Carenado 182.

Carenado gives a warning about clickspots not working in P3D when cockpit reflections are on. Might this also apply to Xplane?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I have Carenado's CT182T.   You are correct, many G1000 features are missing.   There are no approach plans.    I can't get it to fly RNAV glideslope which makes me think it is not WAAS capable. 

I had the same problem and so I contacted Carenado support and their answer to me that in order to program in all the approaches for each airport would require a tremendous amount of programming and it was not something that was feasible for them to do.  So no WAAS approaches.  What I do is just make my own approaches using wave points and then follow the approach plate for my minimums.