Sign in to follow this  
A340-4

2nd SSD for P3D

Hello Dear fellow Avgeeks;

I just ordered a second SSD that I will be using for P3D v3. Yes, I will finally make my jump once its released later today. It will be my first P3D version, as I have always stayed with FSX/SE/04/02. I currently run 1 HD and one SSD. The HD is used for my OS and everything else. My SSD however, is used for all of my sim stuff and is almost full. So I have made a decision today to order another SSD, I got a second Samsung EVO 850@ 250Gb's. My plan is to Run ONLY my OS, which is win 7 64bit and P3D on it, nothing more.

My question is the following: Can I only install Win 7 on my SSD with the Samsung Magician tool provided? If so, could someone please leave a link or explain in detail on how to do this? What I want in the end is to have my Pictures/Documents...etc on the HD, have my FSX on my first SSD, as it is and have my Win7 and P3D on the new SSD.

Many Many thanks as always,

Edit: I forgot to mention the most important thing. I would not want to reinstall my Win7.

Before giving tips on how to accomplish what you are looking for, let me ask you: Do you have an external hard drive, on which you could backup your OS?

Hello All;

Please disregard the post. I have cancelled the 250Gb version and ordered the 500Gb version. It costs a little more, but will save some headache for me. After reading and watching all the available videos and articles, I have decided to just go with 500Gb's.

Afterburner, many thanks for your response.

Best,

Congratulations, that's a smart choice!  I also own the 500 GB version of the same model, and you get indeed more bang for your bucks with it than with the 250 GB version. Good luck with setting up!