Sign in to follow this  
Jimm

What Is Up With This Community?

Unfortunately these days apologies don't reallly count any more.

Sometimes you have to be big enough to apologize, and hope that the other side is big enough to accept.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Dave, your profile pic always makes me look twice, i love it, so real looking.  Why isn't the fly moving anymore,  it used to zip around the place.  I tried to give it a little flick but nothing.  Dave have you not been feeding your pet fly?  :smile:

There's the problem right there. Reporting someone on a flight sim forum? This is like a nerds meeting point.

Who on earth feels threatened or is that precious or sensitive over comments on a flight sim forum to warrent reporting someone?

Think we all need to just move on right? Or maybe just encourage each other to drink more beer and be happy. :D

That button is here and on just about every other forum I know of for a reason, if only because the mods can't be everywhere, and rely on the members as good forum citizens to assist in keeping an eye on the place so things don't get out of hand.

I prefer that button to running flame wars, and will use it in a heartbeat if I feel it's warranted, to help keep this forum a good place to visit.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There's the problem right there. Reporting someone on a flight sim forum? This is like a nerds meeting point.

Who on earth feels threatened or is that precious or sensitive over comments on a flight sim forum to warrent reporting someone?

Think we all need to just move on right? Or maybe just encourage each other to drink more beer and be happy. :D

Its not rocket science KingAir,  ill explain it to you 

Firstly, Drinking distorts reality and reality is,  on a public or private forum making rude, hurtful or hateful comments whilst hiding behind a computer is wrong on many different levels, having a safe place to chat, give and gather info on our hobby is fantastic. The report button is there to Report A-Holes who want to ruin it for everybody else, these A-Holes are in the minority but are still there none the less with there silly little A-Holes ways about them.   :smile:

That button is here and on just about every other forum I know of for a reason, if only because the mods can't be everywhere, and rely on the members as good forum citizens to help keep an eye on the place so things don't get out of hand.

Oh and that too  :smile:

Dave, your profile pic always makes me look twice, i love it, so real looking.  Why isn't the fly moving anymore,  it used to zip around the place.  I tried to give it a little flick but nothing.  Dave have you not been feeding your pet fly?  :smile:

Our pictures don't move anymore.  :sad:

Once upon a time (and on other forums still) my little kitty waved hello to people.... but nevermore......  :smile:

Devons rig

This topic has gone South and is now locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10