Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Prepar3D v3.x Compatibility

I think it's great L-M are thinking about undisturbed updates that mean nothing gets lost in translation, but a bit strange to be hearing about it only now. 

Still, sets a precedent for a start-from-scratch installation for V3 that indicates my preference for `wait and see` as the canny choice. There will need to be new installers for most everything.

Wait so does this mean we can now install add on to another Drive and not into P3D Folder?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Yes, it means it should be installed outside the Prepar3D core folders which would clearly allow for a separate drive.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Amazing something that i always wanted . Thank you very much Ed

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

That`s really nice. Is the update will separte what you already have on the V2.5?

My%20Signature.jpg

I assume that airport addons that create a directory within the P3D folder, and are self contained within that folder, e.g. UK2000, FlyTampa etc, will still work but not follow the new guidelines.

I would imagine such addons could simply be moved outside of the core folders and the scenery library updated to suit.

Prepar3D core folders which would clearly allow for a separate drive.

Ed,

Is that the reason for the SSD recommendation for V3?

NAX669.png

That`s really nice. Is the update will separte what you already have on the V2.5?

Prepar3D v3 isn't an update, it's a completely separate installation from prior versions.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That is a great idea but it also has convinced me not to upgrade just yet.    I have well over 40 payware airports, Active Sky NEXT, GEX, UTX, Accufeel and TON of other materials that I guarantee aren't going to be updated anytime soon that would not function under LM new installation structure.   Guess I'll have to hold off for 6 months or so and see how the 3rd Party universe is responding.        About 30% of my airports required migration tools.   These will now be rendered useless piles of wasted money in the 3.0 scheme.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Downloading ..... He he he

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

credit card back in pocket for moment then . . . scenery always been in folders outside where possible - but effects? sounds?  ES, UK2000, Aerosoft, all got these.   I thought LM was making least point updates/hotfixes as in-situ updates not needing full download - and don't say it's now four components - it's still gigabytes and gigabytes to download on a 2mb connection  ;-(

can't get on LM server anyway,  double  :-(

oh well, FSX not deleted yet . . .

This doesnt sound good for those of us clinging on to Ultimate Traffic 2. 

Just to be clear.....are texture/sound files etc no longer installed in the relevant folders within the Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D folder structure? If that's the case, then I am wondering about compatibility with Earth Simulations products. Quite a large number of files were installed in those folders, and there is very little chance that we will ever see updated installers for each product...

Chris we can sort this hopefully I think. We should be able to try to find which files go where and do a manual move to a v3 compliant folder structure..

I assume that airport addons that create a directory within the P3D folder, and are self contained within that folder, e.g. UK2000, FlyTampa etc, will still work but not follow the new guidelines.

I would imagine such addons could simply be moved outside of the core folders and the scenery library updated to suit.

Happy days for me, I installed just about everything I could in 2.5 into a separate scenery HD so a lot of it is sitting there waiting to go :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

can someone create a list so i know whats safe to try to install? i wiped my computer for p3d v3 and want to keep it as clean and tidy as possible, asn already has a beta update out.

Well it's been out for a few hours now and we already have updated installs for GEXP3D and ASN.

The single biggest complaint that I have seen in these forums during updates is - "I don't want to have to reinstall all my add-ons again - I'll pass on this update, etc".

LM is attempting to introduce a structure where, if followed by developers, will result in NOT having to reinstall all add-ons each time there is an update. There will be a transition period where it will be a PITA to get things squared away but WE will benefit in the long run.

Although they do not publicly comment much, it should be apparent to anyone paying attention that LM "does" listen to our complaints.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors