Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

Prepar3D V3 is now available

Amazing... since only FSUIPC has an installer for v3. Apparently you didn't get the memo?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I get a download of 100-150ks maximum :/ I have 300mbs. is it just me?

Ive only got a 15 mbs down,  but my download is flying along at full speed,  then it will drop to nothing again,  up and down all the time

Amazing... since only FSUIPC has an installer for v3. Apparently you didn't get the memo?

No missed that, been out of the loop for a while, going to check on that.

edit: that's working now as well, only Active Sky Next doesn't seem to recognize the latest v3 yet.

Just  flew out of FSDT CYVR, and live weather from OpusFSX, with zero issues. Frame rates were the same as 2.5, but no stutters. The FSDT installers recognize P3d v3, out of the box.

I'm quite happy with the new v3. Now off to install the Q400 and FT Toronto.

Cheers, Craig

Guest tymk

Does this mean that you can also make daylight look darker than normal? My photoscenery never looks as good in broad daylight. I prefer the more subtle lighting at dawn and dusk, and I would really like to know if I can do that with v3.

Yes, you can reduce daylight exposure as well, but I'm not sure how well that'll work with photoscenery.

Tym

Well I am very excited about it, but I had a busy day. Just managed to get that one test flight in in the afternoon.

My wife is calling me for dinner now and I am off on holidays for a week tomorrow so don't expect any reports from me. LOL!

Although I did get a developers license this time so I could install on my laptop and bring it with me but then I might not

make it home alive to enjoy it on my Custom built Sim Rig. Ah decisions, decisions!

And what about statement of flight model improvement? Anyone? :)

Which aircraft?  Probably best ask the dev of the specific aircraft you have in mind ... no limits on what you can do with a flight model in P3D (or FSX for that matter) via the SDK.  You can implement your own "theory" and go to town ... Q400 is a good example of that and I think A2A does some of their own modeling.

Cheers, Rob.

Which aircraft?  Probably best ask the dev of the specific aircraft you have in mind ... no limits on what you can do with a flight model in P3D (or FSX for that matter) via the SDK.  You can implement your own "theory" and go to town ... Q400 is a good example of that and I think A2A does some of their own modeling.

Cheers, Rob.

One of the members in other thread stated about improved flight model, so I though it is on a global scale. No mention which airplane was tested.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

One of the members in other thread stated about improved flight model, so I though it is on a global scale. No mention which airplane was tested.

Might be referring to this:

":Change low speed thrust limit on propeller in order to better blend the low and high speed thrust calculations."

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Well now that I have TrackIR working and can get a sense of immersion I can offer a little more subjective feedback.

I have only flown around the default airport in the F22 but I can saw that my first experience of a vanilla V3.0 is far better 

that the first experience I had with V2.0 vanilla.

The first thing that was really noticeable to me was the flyability of the aircraft. In Robs sneak peak video where he showed 

the NGX climbing out of KSFO, the aircraft made a slight bank to left with a reducing climb rate and I remember thinking; 'that's interesting

I have never seen that movement reproduced to that level of subtlety or realism.

flying the F22 made me recall that impression and I am of the opinion that LM have done something to the flight dynamics or something

like that to improve the realism of the flying experience.

I have always found flying an aircraft in the unlike and much harder than flying a real aircraft.

Not so with V3. It feels real and and comes as naturally to me as flying a real plane.

Did LM do something to the flight model in V3 or and I a victim of a placebo effect :-)

Other than that I do think that despite getting FPS in the 40 and 50FPS on very high setting

(More realistic setting then that ones I used for my initial flight but still 2048 textures,

scenery sliders maxed. effects sliders maxed, Water sliders maxed, shadow sliders 

maxed, all but veg and sim object receive shadows checked. Airport traffic medium,

Commercial AI 50%, GA 25%, Road 25%, Commercial ships 30%, Leisure 25%)

that to avoid Vsync stutters and tearing a locked FPS of 30 will be required.

I am sure that the only stutters I say where Vysnc but I havent tested 30hz with locked 30fps yet

Agree on the flight dynamics ... but I honestly have not done a side by side to compare the difference from V2.5 flight dynamics to V3.0 flight dynamics.

Cheers, Rob.